Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Police arrest six federal varsity students over viral bullying video
News

Police arrest six federal varsity students over viral bullying video

meridianspyBy meridianspyApril 14, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
police
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Kogi State Police Command has arrested six students of the Federal University, Lokoja, on suspicion of cyberstalking and assault.

 

The arrested students are Inajo Henry, Nzekwe Victor, Lucky Victor, Lucky Gambo, and Paul David, along with one other 17-year-old male student of the institution.

 

A statement issued on Tuesday by the command’s spokesperson, ASP Saliu Afusat, said the arrest followed a complaint by a male student about cyberstalking.

 

“The Kogi State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that on 30th March 2026, a case of criminal conspiracy, use of criminal force, defamation of character, assault, and cyberstalking was reported at ‘B’ Division, Lokoja, by one Oladosu Sunday ‘m’, a student of Federal University Lokoja. The case was subsequently transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) for discreet and thorough investigation,” she wrote.

 

According to her, preliminary investigation revealed that the suspects, without any credible evidence, falsely accused the victim, Oladosu Sunday, of being homosexual and conspired to lure him to their apartment located beside Living Faith Church area, Felele, Lokoja, on 29th March 2026 at about 21:00 hours.

The suspects confined the victim in a room, forcibly stripped him naked, and subjected him to inhumane assault using belts and charging cords while recording the act.

The video was thereafter circulated online, where it went viral among members of the university community.

he added, “The suspects admitted during interrogation that their actions were premeditated and based solely on unverified assumptions about the victim’s behaviour.”

READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

The PPRO said the investigation into the case had been concluded and the suspects arraigned before a court of competent jurisdiction.

“The Kogi State Police Command reiterates that acts of jungle justice, cyberbullying, and all forms of criminality will not be tolerated under any guise.

“The Command, therefore, warns members of the public, particularly youths and students, to desist from taking the law into their hands or engaging in acts capable of violating the fundamental rights and dignity of others. Individuals with grievances are advised to seek lawful means of redress through appropriate authorities.

“The Police remain committed to protecting the rights of all citizens and ensuring that offenders are brought to justice. The Commissioner of Police, CP Naziru Bello Kankarofi, psc, mni, reassures the good people of Kogi State of the Command’s commitment to safeguarding lives and property, and urges continued cooperation with the Police in the fight against crime.”

On Saturday, the police in Ekiti State arrested two suspects over a robbery attack on private hostels belonging to students of Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti.

The Police Public Relations Officer for the Ekiti State Police Command, SP Sunday Abutu, said the arrest followed operations by the Iworoko Police Division, which trailed the robbers to their hideout

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

August 20, 2026

2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation

August 20, 2026

Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic

August 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
  • 2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation
  • UK Pledges £442m to Get Rough Sleepers Off Streets by Christmas
  • Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic
  • Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme
  • UK Ex-Commonwealth Champion Baptiste Found Jailed in Morocco
  • Omo-Agege Raises Alarm Over Alleged Threats to Life, Holds Delta Governor Responsible
  • 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.