Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»NDC Rep Aspirant Denies Linking Peter Obi to Alleged Party Primary Fraud
News

NDC Rep Aspirant Denies Linking Peter Obi to Alleged Party Primary Fraud

meridianspyBy meridianspyJune 11, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

NDC Rep Aspirant Denies Linking Peter Obi to Alleged Party Primary Fraud

The House of Representatives aspirant for Nnewi North, Nnewi South and Ekwusigo Federal Constituency on the platform of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Obunike Ohaegbu, popularly known as Nwa Miss, has denied claims linking him to allegations that the party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, defrauded aspirants during the party’s primary elections.

The allegations were made by Nollywood actor-turned-politician Kenneth Okonkwo during an interview on Channels Television, where he accused Obi and some South-East party leaders of accepting bribes during the recent primaries.

Okonkwo, a member of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), claimed that Ohaegbu had sent him an “SOS message” alleging irregularities in the conduct of the primaries.

According to Okonkwo, Ohaegbu informed him that aspirants were scammed during the exercise and alleged that Obi was at the centre of the controversy.

Reacting to the claims, Ohaegbu dismissed the allegations, insisting that he never accused Obi of wrongdoing and never discussed money with the former Anambra governor throughout the primary election process.

He explained that while he had communicated with Okonkwo, the message in question was a broadcast sent to thousands of NDC members, including Obi, urging them to disregard rumours that some aspirants had been granted automatic tickets.

Ohaegbu said the message focused on concerns about fairness in the allocation of party tickets and did not contain any accusation against Obi.

READ ALSO  How ADC worked with Accord to defeat APC –ADC Spokwsman

He challenged Okonkwo to produce any evidence showing that he had claimed to have met Obi during the primary process or that Obi had demanded money from him.

The aspirant maintained that his discussions regarding nomination forms were with the party’s national secretary, whom he accused of assuring him of an automatic ticket.

He disclosed that he had reported the matter to the party and that his lawyers were preparing legal action.

Ohaegbu further denied claims that Obi directed aspirants to pay N10 million for campaign purposes, stating that the money he paid went directly into the NDC’s Fidelity Bank account as part of the nomination process.

“Peter Obi never told me to pay N10 million, and I never told Kenneth Okonkwo that Peter Obi asked me to pay N10 million,” he said, adding that the only person who requested the payment was the party’s national secretary.

He also refuted allegations that Obi and other party leaders were writing the results of the primary election at a hotel in Abuja while the exercise was ongoing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

August 20, 2026

2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation

August 20, 2026

Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic

August 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
  • 2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation
  • UK Pledges £442m to Get Rough Sleepers Off Streets by Christmas
  • Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic
  • Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme
  • UK Ex-Commonwealth Champion Baptiste Found Jailed in Morocco
  • Omo-Agege Raises Alarm Over Alleged Threats to Life, Holds Delta Governor Responsible
  • 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.