Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»NNPC Rakes N3.3trn Profit for 2023
News

NNPC Rakes N3.3trn Profit for 2023

meridianspyBy meridianspyAugust 19, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited has declared a profit of N3.3 trillion for the fiscal year 2023.

Pius Akinyelure, chairman of the NNPC board, spoke during a media briefing on the company’s 2023 audited financial statements (AFS) on Monday.

Akinyelure said the profit increased by N749 billion compared to the N2.54 trillion posted in the 2022 financial period.

In 2018, the state-owned oil company posted a loss of N803 billion and N1.7 billion in 2019.

Reversing the deficit, in 2020, NNPC posted a profit of N287 billion, progressing to record another N674.1 billion profit in 2021.

Also, NNPC’s revenue last year increased to N24 trillion, from N8.81 trillion in 2022, according to the NNPC board chairman.

He said the company declared a dividend of N2.1 trillion to its shareholders in 2023.

Akinyelure said the excellent performance last year came as the fruit of the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) 2021, and the commitment of the board, management and staff of the company.

Also speaking, Umar Ajiya, chief financial officer of the company, said the release of the AFS is a testament to the company’s commitment to transparency and accountability.

 

“Our fiscal performance reflects both strategic foresight and operational resilience. Despite inherent challenges of our operational and economic environment, we have improved the productivity and the financial performance of this great company,” Ajiya said.

Ajiya added that posting such impressive returns demonstrates NNPC’s dedication to sustaining profitability and supporting the attainment of national energy security as stipulated in the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) 2021, and by extension, as expected by the company’s shareholders.

READ ALSO  2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate

He said the NNPC would announce an initial public offer (IPO) once the shareholders and board make a decision.

Ajiya also debunked claims on subsidy payment, saying the company was only “taking care of the shortfall on petrol importation between it and the federation”.

In her remarks at the briefing, Oritsemeyiwa Eyesan, executive vice-president, upstream, said with improvements witnessed as a result of the renewed vigour in the war against crude oil theft and pipeline vandalism, NNPC targets 2 million barrels per day (bpd) of crude oil production by the end of the year.

On the current fuel queues in parts of Lagos and the federal capital territory (FCT), Dapo Segun, executive vice-president, downstream, appealed for understanding from Nigerians.

Segun said the company is working with relevant stakeholders to address the distribution, evacuation and logistics challenges.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. No More Payment Of Fuel Subsidy – NNPC
  2. Nigeria’s Crude Oil Demand Drops By 6.5m Barrels – NNPC
  3. NNPC Debunks Claim Of Stolen 48m Barrels Of Crude Oil In 2015
  4. NNPC withdraws suit against ExxonMobil, Seplat $1.28bn deal
NNPC Pius Akinyelure
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ

May 19, 2026

DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack

May 19, 2026

Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case

May 18, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.