Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Politics»ADC Factional Chair Accuses Mark of Forging Signature on Fake Resignation Letter
Politics

ADC Factional Chair Accuses Mark of Forging Signature on Fake Resignation Letter

meridianspyBy meridianspyApril 3, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

ADC Factional Chair Accuses Mark of Forging Signature on Fake Resignation Letter

 

A factional national chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Nafiu Bala has dismissed claims that he resigned from his position, insisting that a circulating resignation letter attributed to him is fake.

In a video interview published by Rariya Hausa, Bala stated that the document alleging his resignation as national vice-chairman on May 17, 2025, did not originate from him.

He maintained that the signature on the letter was forged and emphasized that any official correspondence from him would bear his recognised letterhead.

Bala explained that his current position as acting national chairman followed the exit of the party’s previous leadership.

According to him, during an event held on July 2, former chairman Ralph Nwosu and other top officials announced their resignation and mandated him, alongside others, to oversee party affairs pending a national convention.

Citing provisions of the party’s constitution, Bala said he has formally assumed leadership, noting that a deputy steps in when the leadership position becomes vacant.

He also recalled that he had earlier disowned the same resignation letter in August 2025, describing it at the time as false and deliberately misleading.

 

Recall that former Senate President David Mark, who is involved in the power struggle, has maintained that Bala indeed resigned in May 2025.

He claimed the resignation was officially communicated to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in August of that year.

READ ALSO  2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate

Mark further argued that despite stepping down, Bala later approached the court seeking recognition as the party’s chairman months after his alleged resignation.

The dispute triggered legal proceedings, with Bala filing a suit at a Federal High Court in Abuja to stop Mark’s faction from presenting itself as the party’s leadership and to compel INEC to recognise him instead.

He also sought interim orders to halt party activities, including meetings and conventions, pending the resolution of the case.

The matter escalated through the courts, and on March 12, 2026, the Court of Appeal dismissed a challenge filed by Mark, ruling that his case lacked merit.

The ongoing legal and political tussle has significantly affected the party’s standing, with INEC at one point withdrawing recognition of the ADC leadership factions and removing names associated with Mark’s executive from its official records.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. INEC Debunks Reports On Plans To Shift Edo, Ondo Gubernatorial Elections Amid COVID-19
  2. PDP Rejects Tribunal’s Judgement, Insists Musa Wada Won Kogi Governorship Election
  3. Tribunal: Atiku Asks Court to Validate INEC’s Claim of PDP’s Victory in 21 States
African Democratic Congress INEC Rariya Hausa
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate

May 18, 2026

How Desmond Elliot Made Tinubu to Almost Sack Me, Says Gbajabiamila

May 15, 2026

EFCC Invitation: ECN DG Honoured Invitation, Was Not Arrested — Media Office

May 13, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
  • NNPC Urged to Revive Refineries Following Dangote Snub
  • Africa CDC Confirms 65 Deaths in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.