Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Magu: My House Has Never Been Searched By EFCC, Says Abdulsalami
News

Magu: My House Has Never Been Searched By EFCC, Says Abdulsalami

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweJuly 10, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Former head of state, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd) has debunked reports his house was searched by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on the orders of the suspended acting chairman of the agency, Ibrahim Magu.

Chairman of THISDAY editorial board, Segun Adeniyi had, in his Thursday Column, claimed that Abdulsalami’s residence in Minna was search by EFCC operatives on the orders of Magu.

“A few weeks before that incident, the Minna residence of former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar was raided by EFCC operatives who ‘turned the house upside down’,” said Adeniyi. “The president also got to know only after the deed had been done.”

But in a statement issued on Thursday, the former head of state’s Military Assistant Captain J. Mfon (rtd), said: “The attention of His Excellency, Gen. A A A Abubakar has been drawn to reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) searched his house in Minna, Niger State, on the orders of its Acting Chairman, CP Ibrahim Magu, and he feels the need to put the record straight: his house has never been searched by either EFCC or any security agency.

Mfon said sometime in 2017 though, Abdusalami’s residence was mistaken for a house sought by the EFCC operatives from Kano but left when they realise they were in a wrong place.

“However, sometime in 2017 operatives of the Commission from Kano zone came to Minna to search a house in Tunga. The team ended up at His Excellency’s Guest House in Minna and told the security officers on duty that they had instructions from their zonal head to search the property,” he said.

READ ALSO  Shettima Leads Delegation to Kano After 'Singer Market' Fire Outbreak

“The officers said since the numbering of houses in Tunga was haphazard, it must be a case of mistaken identity. When CP Magu was contacted, he said he was not aware of the operation. Thereafter, the EFCC team from Kano left. His Excellency’s understanding is that they realised they came to the wrong address. However, no search was conducted in the guest house.

“His Excellency as a rule does not comment on media publications directed at or concerning him. He has taken this step in view of the reactions these reports are generating. His Excellency felt the need to provide this important clarification due to the ongoing media frenzy insinuating His Excellency’s role in Magu’s issue.”

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. How Magu Harassed Abdulsalami, Danjuma – Segun Adeniyi
  2. BREAKING: DSS Arrests EfCC Acting Chairman, Magu Over Money Laundering Allegations
  3. Step Aside, Prove Your Innocence, PDP Tells Magu
  4. ‘I Didn’t Collect N4B From Magu’, Says Osinbajo
Abdulsalami Abubakar Efcc Ibrahim Magu Meridian Spy Nigeria News Segun Adeniyi
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

IPMAN Seeks $10bn for Refinery Project

February 17, 2026

US Troops, Equipment Now in Nigeria – DHQ Confirms 

February 17, 2026

DSS on Standby as EFCC Detains El-Rufai

February 17, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • IPMAN Seeks $10bn for Refinery Project
  • Oil prices rise as Trump warns Iran ahead of talks
  • US Troops, Equipment Now in Nigeria – DHQ Confirms 
  • NRS Rolls Out E-Invoicing System for Businesses
  • DSS on Standby as EFCC Detains El-Rufai
  • US Blacklists 8 Nigerians Over Boko Haram, Cybercrime Connections
  • Court ruling barring VIO applies only to FCT, Lagos clarifies
  • Africa should be primary beneficiary of its mineral resources — UN chief
  • INEC Clears 14 Parties for Osun Governorship Poll, PDP, LP Miss Out
  • Shettima Leads Delegation to Kano After ‘Singer Market’ Fire Outbreak
  • 2Baba, Wife Natasha Mark Special Day With Child’s Dedication Ceremony
  • Tinubu to Meet Political Leaders, Commission Projects in Yola
  • NDIC promotes awareness on financial system stability
  • Yusuf sacks Galadima, Chairman, Governing Council, Kano Poly
  • FG Secures Permanent African Central Bank Board Seat at AU Summit
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.