Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Banditry: Sokoto LG chairman consoles residents
News

Banditry: Sokoto LG chairman consoles residents

meridianspyBy meridianspyMarch 16, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
bandits
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

Banditry: Sokoto LG chairman consoles resident

 

The Chairman of Isa Local Government Area in Sokoto State, Sharehu Kamarawa, has condoled with residents of Bargaja village following a recent bandit attack in the area.

 

In a statement issued on Sunday, Kamarawa described the incident as unfortunate and expressed sympathy with families affected by the attack.

 

“I extend my heartfelt condolences to the people of Bargaja village over the recent attack. The pain of the community is deeply felt, and we stand with the affected families during this difficult time,” he said.

 

Bargaja and several communities in Isa LGA, located along the Sokoto–Zamfara border, have in recent years experienced recurring attacks by armed bandits.

 

The chairman, however, said security agencies had intensified operations in the area to protect residents and prevent further attacks.

 

According to him, security operatives had been working for the past six days to repel repeated attempts by bandits to infiltrate communities around the Bargaja axis.

 

“Our gallant security personnel have been working tirelessly to repel several attempted attacks around Bargaja. Their bravery and commitment have prevented further harm to residents,” he said.

 

Kamarawa reaffirmed that the government of Ahmed Aliyu remains committed to protecting lives and property across the state.

 

He also raised concern over what he described as deliberate misinformation circulating on social media regarding the attack.

 

“It is unfortunate that some individuals deliberately ignore the efforts of our security personnel and instead choose to exaggerate the situation online. Such misinformation only creates panic and undermines the sacrifices of those working to keep our communities safe,” he said.

READ ALSO  Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council

 

The council chairman alleged that some of those spreading such narratives were being sponsored by political actors seeking to destabilise the state.

 

“These false narratives are being promoted by people with selfish interests, including certain politicians who do not wish to see peace and stability in Sokoto State,” he added.

 

Addressing allegations circulating online about the alleged mismanagement of security funds in Isa LGA, the chairman described the claims as unfounded and challenged those behind the accusations to present evidence.

 

“Let anyone making such claims provide credible proof that the council authorised them or anyone else to collect money from residents for security purposes. These allegations are baseless and misleading,” he said.

 

Kamarawa cited the example of the Tidibale community, where, according to him, a timely warning from the local councillor enabled residents to evacuate safely before a potential attack.

 

He added that security forces had since established a Forward Operating Base in the area to strengthen surveillance and response.

 

The chairman urged residents, community leaders and social media users to verify information before sharing it, stressing that unity and cooperation remain critical in the fight against banditry.

 

“At this critical moment, what Isa LGA and Sokoto State need most is cooperation, vigilance and unity so that we can defeat criminal elements and sustain peace in our communities,” he said

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

READ ALSO  Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council

August 22, 2026

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.