Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Business»Atiku Accuses Oshiomhole Of Frustrating Planned Fuel Subsidy Removal By Obasanjo’s Government
Business

Atiku Accuses Oshiomhole Of Frustrating Planned Fuel Subsidy Removal By Obasanjo’s Government

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweJune 7, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar says the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole frustrated the planned removal of fuel subsidy during the administration of ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo.

Atiku said this to corroborate the statement made by his spokesman, Paul Ibe who earlier tweeted on Friday, “For the avoidance of doubt, the Obasanjo administration embarked on a regime of subsidy removal”.

The former vice president said, he was, at the time, the head of the negotiating committee to interface with the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) which then had Oshiomhole as the Chairman, noting that, he (Oshiomhole) stood strongly against the planned subsidy removal.

He added that despite the resistance by the APC national chairman, the Obasanjo government still achieved some measures of subsidy removal before its exit in 2007.

“But the former NLC Chairman frustrated the efforts. Even at that, the Obasanjo government achieved some measures of subsidy removal before their exit in 2007.”

“The Obasanjo government in which I served commenced a phased subsidy withdrawal.

“I was tasked with negotiating with then NLC Chairman and current APC Chairman who stood strongly against it.

“Nonetheless, we achieved two phases of subsidy removal of fuel and complete withdrawal of subsidy of diesel before we left office. -AA.”

Recall the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) on Thursday, noted that henceforth the price of PMS would be determined by market forces.

READ ALSO  Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly

“The price cap per liter in respect of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) is removed from the commencement of these Regulations. From the commencement of these Regulations, a market-based pricing regime for Premium Motor Saint (PMS) shall take effect,” said PPPRA.

The 2019 presidential candidate of the Peoples democratic Party (PDP) reacted in his verified Twitter handle on Friday, noting that the decision by the fuel price regulatory agency is a right move that ought to have come earlier when the nation’s economy was performing better.

“FG finally withdraws from the fuel subsidy and price-fixing bazaar that had been rife with corruption and stalling investments. This is something patriots have been calling for and for which I was demonised,” said the former vice president.

“The stoppage of subsidy and price-fixing is a right move, although it should have come earlier when the economy was stronger.

“FG and state governments should proceed to remove other impediments and roll out incentives to spur investments in the sector, especially the numerous refineries that had been licensed but are yet to be built.  Then ensure the quality of fuel meets set standards. -AA.”

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. You Had 8 Years To Diversify Nigeria’s Economy – APC Lashes Out At Atiku
  2. PDP Rejects N108 Ex-Depot Fuel Price, As Oil Marketers Say New Price Won’t Be Immediate
  3. UPDATED: Obaseki Submits Nomination Form, Tells Oshiomhole To Stay Away From APC Primaries
  4. ‘Obaseki Lacks Constitutional Right To Ask OShiomhole To Stay Away”, Says Ize-Iyamu’s Campaign Media Aide
READ ALSO  “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
Adams Oshiomhole apc Atiku Abubakar fuel subsidy Meridian Spy Nigeria News NLC Olusegun Obasanjo Paul Ibe PDP
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case

May 18, 2026

Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election

May 18, 2026

Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly

May 18, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
  • NNPC Urged to Revive Refineries Following Dangote Snub
  • Africa CDC Confirms 65 Deaths in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.