Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»After Security Chiefs Briefing, Tinubu Okays Military Equipment to tackle Resurgence Attacks
News

After Security Chiefs Briefing, Tinubu Okays Military Equipment to tackle Resurgence Attacks

meridianspyBy meridianspyMarch 13, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Tinubu
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Tinubu Approves Additional Military Equipment After Security Chiefs Briefing on Renewed Insurgent Attacks

Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the procurement of additional military equipment and logistics to bolster Nigeria’s ongoing fight against terrorism and banditry, following a high-level security meeting at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

 

The decision came after the president received a comprehensive briefing from top security officials on the current security situation across the country, with particular focus on renewed insurgent activities in the North-East.

 

Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Nigeria’s Minister of Defence, Christopher Musa, said the session allowed security chiefs to update the president on developments in ongoing military operations and emerging threats.

 

According to Musa, the armed forces have intensified efforts to counter a recent surge in attacks by insurgents in Borno State and other parts of the region.

 

“The meeting was essentially to review events and brief Mr. President on the current situation on the ground,” Musa said.

 

“There have been a series of attacks, but the security forces have risen to the occasion. Mr President has promised more equipment for us to be able to protect the country.”

 

The security meeting was attended by several key officials, including the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, Chief of Defence Staff Olufemi Oluyede, Chief of Army Staff Waidi Shaibu, Chief of Naval Staff Idi Abbas, and Chief of Air Staff Sunday Kelvin Aneke.

READ ALSO  Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly

 

Read Also:

Tinubu Approves Additional Military Equipment After Security Chiefs Briefing on Renewed Insurgent Attacks

Even Blood Ties Between Father and Son Could not Prevent a Political Divorce, By Ramadan Yusuf

‎RE: A Necessary Conversation on Policing Reform

Others present were the Chief of Defence Intelligence Emmanuel Undiandeye, Director-General of the Department of State Services Oluwatosin Ajayi, Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency Mohammed Mohammed, and Inspector-General of Police Tunji Disu.

 

Musa said security forces have already adjusted their operational strategies to respond to the evolving tactics of insurgent groups.

 

He noted that recent military operations have yielded progress, including the elimination of several insurgent commanders and the recovery of strategic locations previously targeted by militants.

 

“We have taken over those locations, neutralised their commanders, and recovered some of their assets,” he said.

 

The defence minister also suggested that ideological motivations linked to the Islamic holy month of Ramadan may have contributed to the recent spike in attacks, noting that extremist groups sometimes intensify operations during the period.

 

Despite the renewed violence, Musa expressed confidence in the military’s ability to contain the threat.

 

He acknowledged that Nigerian forces have suffered casualties during recent engagements but described the sacrifices of troops as part of the broader effort to secure the country.

 

“We have lost a number of very courageous officers and men. It is highly regrettable, but the commitment remains to ensure Nigeria is safe and secure,” he said.

 

Musa also urged citizens not to lose confidence in the security agencies, emphasizing that coordinated efforts between the military and intelligence services remain central to the government’s counter-terrorism strategy.

READ ALSO  Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications

 

“Our appeal to Nigerians is not to get tired or discouraged. We want to assure them that we are on track and we will succeed.”

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Tinubu’s inaugural Speech shallow, Lacks Substance – Labour Party
  2. TEXT OF DEMOCRACY DAY NATIONAL BROADCAST BY HIS EXCELLENCY PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU
  3. Tinubu’s ‘taste’ gerontocracy By Lasisi Olagunju
  4. PROTEST: Tinubu to Address Nigerians Sunday Morning
Christopher Musa Tinubu
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case

May 18, 2026

Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election

May 18, 2026

Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly

May 18, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
  • NNPC Urged to Revive Refineries Following Dangote Snub
  • Africa CDC Confirms 65 Deaths in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.