Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Foreign»About 150 Saudi Royal Family Members Have Tested Positive For Coronavirus As King Salman And Crown Prince, MBS Go Into Isolation
Foreign

About 150 Saudi Royal Family Members Have Tested Positive For Coronavirus As King Salman And Crown Prince, MBS Go Into Isolation

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweApril 9, 2020Updated:April 9, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Up to 150 members of the Saudi royal family have been effected with the deadly coronavirus disease as King Salman and Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman both go into isolation to prevent contraction of the virus disease.

Doctors at the elite King Faisal Specialist Hospital in Riyadh that treat members of the royal family are preparing 500 more beds for an expected influx of patients. ‘Directives are to be ready for VIPs from around the country’, said the operators of the facility.

This was written in a ‘high alert’ sent out electronically on Tuesday to senior doctors and later obtained by the Times.

The message said they don’t know how many cases they will get but that all chronic patients are to be moved out as soon as possible and only top urgent cases will be accepted.   

Any infected staff members will now be treated at a less elite hospital to save room for royals.  

According to Daily Mail, Salman, 84, has secluded himself on an island palace near Jeddah, while the crown prince has moved to a remote site on the Red Sea coast. 

The number of Saudi princes is in the thousands and many travel frequently to Europe where it has been suggested they picked up the virus before bringing it home. The Saudi royal family is estimated to have about 15,000 members.

Saudi Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud – the governor of the capital Riyadh who is in his 70s – is in intensive care after contracting the virus, according to The New York Times.

READ ALSO  Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ

The country of about 33 million people has reported 2,932 cases of COVID-19 and 41 deaths

So far, mostly members of lower branches of the royal family have been infected, a source told the Times.

Saudi Arabia is expecting up to 200,000 coronavirus cases within weeks, the country’s health minister said on Tuesday.

‘Within the next few weeks, studies predict the number of infections will range from a minimum of 10,000 to a maximum of 200,000,’ said minister Tawfiq al-Rabiah, according to state media. 

Rabiah, who warned the kingdom faces a ‘critical moment’ in the fight against the virus, said the projection was based on four studies by Saudi and international experts.  

Some Saudi cities including the capital Riyadh are under a 24-hour curfew imposed by the interior minister. 

The holy cities of Mecca and Medina have also been sealed off, throwing this year’s hajj pilgrimage into doubt.

Authorities last week urged Muslims to temporarily defer preparations for the annual pilgrimage, but have yet to say whether the hajj will go ahead.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. COVID-19: Over 800 Inmates Escape Prison As Brazil Records First Virus-Related Death
  2. 31 Coronavirus Patients Recover In Ghana, Highest In Africa
  3. Jack Ma Donates 500 Ventilators To 54 African Countries To Support Fight Against COVID-19
  4. BREAKING: 53-Year-Old Doctor Who Warned Boris Johnson About ‘Urgent’ Need For More PPE For NHS Workers Dies From COVID-19
COVID-19 MBS Saudi Arabia
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders

May 19, 2026

Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ

May 19, 2026

DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack

May 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.