Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Why am Giving Up Ownership of my Refinery to NNPCL —  Dangote 
News

Why am Giving Up Ownership of my Refinery to NNPCL —  Dangote 

meridianspyBy meridianspyJuly 22, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Refinery
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Alhaji Aliko Dangote on Sunday indicated his willingness to give up ownership of the multibillion-dollar Dangote refinery to the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL).

Many Nigerians have at the weekend expressed concern over the new dimension the brawl between the Dangote Group and regulatory authorities in the oil and gas industry have taken over the operations of the Dangote refinery.

Aliko Dangote, had alleged that local and foreign interests, which he likened to a “mafia”, made repeated attempts to thwart his refinery’s completion.

A few days afterwards, the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) alleged that the Dangote Refinery was producing inferior products compared to imported ones.

Farouk Ahmed, who is the Chief Executive Officer of NMDPRA, alleged that the quality of diesel produced by the refinery was 665 ppm, which he considered inferior, warning therefore that Nigeria may not rely heavily on the Dangote refinery for its fuel supply.

He also said that the refinery has not been licenced to begin operations in the country.

 

Ahmed made this known while speaking with journalists at the State House, Abuja, on Thursday.

He also denied allegations that the regulatory body was attempting to scuttle the operations of the private refinery due to lack of crude oil supply from international oil companies (IOCs).

In an exclusive interview he granted to PREMIUM TIMES yesterday, however, Africa’s richest man said: “Let them (NNPCL) buy me out and run the refinery the best way they can. They have labelled me a monopolist. That’s an incorrect and unfair allegation, but it’s OK. If they buy me out, at least, their so-called monopolist would be out of the way”.

READ ALSO  Tinubu Signs Executive Order Mandating Direct Remittance of Oil, Gas Revenues to Federation Account

The 650,000 barrel-per-day Dangote refinery, which cost about $19 billion, was commissioned last year, and it had shown promise of helping to tackle Nigeria’s huge reliance on fuel on importation of refined petroleum products, thereby saving the country about 30 per cent of the total foreign exchange spent on imports.

Speaking further in the exclusive interview, Aliko said: “We have been facing fuel crisis since the 70s. This refinery can help in resolving the problem but it does appear some people are uncomfortable that I am in the picture. So I am ready to let go, let the NNPC buy me out, run the refinery.”

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Subsidy Removal Has Doubled Depot Petrol Price – Marketers
  2. Fuel Queues return as Subsidy Backlog Stifles supply
  3. Petrol Shortage: Queue will Disappear Soon, NNPC Assures
Dangote Group Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited NNPCL
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Charge El-Rufai to court or release him, ADC chieftain urges ICPC

February 21, 2026

FCT Polls: Residents Ignore Movement Restriction, Activities Continue in Abuja

February 21, 2026

FCT Polls: Youths Attack DSS Operative for Recording Vote Buying Incident

February 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Charge El-Rufai to court or release him, ADC chieftain urges ICPC
  • FCT Polls: Residents Ignore Movement Restriction, Activities Continue in Abuja
  • FCT Polls: Youths Attack DSS Operative for Recording Vote Buying Incident
  • FCT Polls: Chaos in Bwari Area Council, tear gas disrupts voting, voters flee
  • Interrogating the Russian Model in Africa By Oumarou Sanou
  • Investors Gain N1.7trn as Banking, Industrial Shares Soar
  • Banks, Telcos Settle N300bn USSD Debt Dispute After 4 Years  
  • DSS Picked Date to Arraign El-Rufai over Cybercrime, Security Breach
  • 117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme
  • Rivers assembly suspends impeachment proceedings against Fubara
  • Tinubu Signs Amended Electoral Act to End Delegate Primaries
  • Two Killed as Container Trucks Collide in Lagos
  • GenCos Faults ‘Institutionalised Extortion’ Allegations By NLC says Fact Misrepresented 
  • Tinubu Signs Executive Order Mandating Direct Remittance of Oil, Gas Revenues to Federation Account
  • ICPC ‘Reportedly’ Picked El-Rufai After 2 Night of  EFCC’s Grill
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.