Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Tinubu to Service Chiefs: End the 2009 Security Challenge Once and for All
News

Tinubu to Service Chiefs: End the 2009 Security Challenge Once and for All

meridianspyBy meridianspyOctober 30, 2025Updated:October 30, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Thursday charged the newly appointed Service Chiefs to put an end to the lingering security crisis that began in 2009, declaring that Nigerians can no longer endure a continuation of the wave of insurgency, terrorism, and banditry that has plagued parts of the country for over a decade.

 

Speaking at the decoration ceremony of the Chief of Defence Staff and the three Service Chiefs at the State House, Abuja, the President described security as the “most essential element of human survival” and insisted that peace and safety must remain the government’s foremost priority.

 

“We cannot allow the crisis that began in 2009 to persist any longer,” Tinubu said firmly. “Security threats are constantly evolving, mutating, and spreading. We must be decisive and proactive. Let us smash the new snakes right in the head.”

 

The newly decorated officers include the Chief of Defence Staff, Lt. Gen. Olufemi Oluyede; Chief of Army Staff, Maj. Gen. Wahab Shaibu; Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Ibrahim Abbas; and Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Simeon Aneke.

 

The new CDS Lt. Gen. Oluyede is decorated with the new rank of General, the new Chief of Army Staff, COAS, Major Gen. Shaibu also decorated with the rank of Lt. General, the Chief of Naval Staff, CNS, Rear Admiral Abbas was decorated as Vice Admiral, while the Chief of Air Staff, CAS, Air Vice Marshal Aneke, was decorated with the rank of Air Marshall.

READ ALSO  Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme

 

The Chief of Defence Intelligence, Major General Undiendeye, who was retained by the President, was elevated to the rank of Lieutenant General.

 

The ceremony marked the formal assumption of command by the new military chiefs following their confirmation by the National Assembly earlier in the month. Also in attendance were top defence officials, senior government functionaries, and family members of the officers.

 

President Tinubu told the decorated officers that the ceremony was not a routine formality but a solemn reminder of the heavy responsibility they now bear in ensuring the nation’s peace and unity.

 

“Today’s event goes beyond the symbolism of decoration,” he said. “It marks the beginning of our renewed effort to ensure the peace and security of all Nigerians. Each of you has been carefully chosen for this critical task.”

 

He praised the Nigerian Armed Forces for their resilience and sacrifices, recalling that many soldiers paid the ultimate price in defence of the nation.

 

“In dark times, when terrorists and armed marauders held significant portions of our land, our gallant troops rose to the challenge and reclaimed those territories,” he said. “We have restored peace to many areas previously under siege and rescued countless kidnapped citizens.”

 

Despite these achievements, the President acknowledged that the fight against insecurity was far from over, pointing to the rise of new threats in the North-Central, North-West, and parts of the South.

 

Tinubu told the military top brass that his administration will no longer accept excuses in the face of recurring insecurity. He urged them to embrace technology, intelligence-driven operations, and joint inter-service collaboration to outsmart enemies of the state.

READ ALSO  Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

 

“I charge you to carry out your duties with patriotic zeal. Nigerians expect results, not excuses,” he said. “Be innovative, preemptive, and courageous. Stay ahead of those who seek to threaten our peace.”

 

The President assured the Service Chiefs of his full support, promising that his government would provide the necessary resources to enable them to achieve their mission.

 

“I promise to provide all the support you need to get the job done. Our administration will continue to prioritize your welfare, logistics, and operational capacity,” he stated.

 

Nigeria’s security challenges date back to 2009, when Boko Haram launched a violent campaign in Borno State, eventually spreading across the North-East and spilling into parts of Chad, Niger, and Cameroon. Over the years, the insurgency has claimed tens of thousands of lives, displaced millions, and caused massive economic and social disruption.

 

While military operations such as Lafiya Dole and Hadin Kai have significantly degraded Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters, the country continues to face complex threats from banditry, kidnapping, oil theft, and separatist violence.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.