Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Residents raise the alarm over bodies, elderly left behind after Borno attack
News

Residents raise the alarm over bodies, elderly left behind after Borno attack

meridianspyBy meridianspyMarch 5, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
epa03034552 A picture made available on 15 December 2011 shows masked Pakistani Taliban militants during exercises in lawless Pakistan-Afghanistan border area of Laddah in South Wazirsitan tribal agency, Pakistan, 11 December 2011. Reports state that Pakistan is under intense pressure to eliminate sanctuaries of Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters in its tribal region, as militants respond by intensifying attacks on security and government installations across the country. EPA/SAOOD REHMAN
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Residents raise the alarm over bodies, elderly left behind after Borno attack

 

Residents of Ngoshe community in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State have raised concerns over the fate of elderly residents and corpses allegedly left behind after suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked the area and abducted scores of residents.

 

Survivors of the attack, who are now scattered across communities within the local government area, said they fled their homes without belongings while escaping the violence.

 

The PUNCH had earlier reported that suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked the community after storming a military base in the area.

 

It was gathered that the assailants invaded the community at about 1 am on Wednesday, attacking the military formation before proceeding to target civilians.

 

 

According to eyewitnesses, the attack lasted for several hours before the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai reportedly mobilised and dispersed the terrorists into nearby forests.

 

The spokesperson for the Borno State Police Command, ASP Nahum Daso, confirmed the attack to The PUNCH, noting that several residents were still unaccounted for.

 

“Although some unknown number of civilians yet to be ascertained were also affected or killed. Some are still missing, and probably some were abducted and taken towards the Mandara Mountains,” he stated.

 

Speaking with journalists on Thursday, the District Secretary of Ngoshe, Shuaibu Dabawa, alleged that more than 300 residents were abducted during the attack.

READ ALSO  EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

 

He said, “When they attacked, we heard sporadic gunshots, then fled into the bush for safety, where we spent the night

 

“More than 300 people were abducted by terrorists during the attack. There is no military presence in Ngoshe for now, raising security concerns.”

 

Dabawa also expressed concern about elderly residents reportedly left behind in the community alongside several corpses.

 

“Our immediate worry is that some elderly people remain trapped in the town alongside several deadbodies. Many of us escaped with nothing except the clothes we were putting on. We left the community deserted,” he said.

 

He added that several displaced families had been separated in the chaos, while others were still missing.

 

“Displaced residents are now scattered, with some staying in open areas while others sought shelter at Central Primary School, Pulka. We are appealing to urgent military reinforcement and food assistance for affected families,” he stated.

 

Another survivor, Amina Halidu, also appealed for urgent intervention, saying many displaced persons were facing severe hardship.

 

“Yes, we are worried about the old people who could not run when others were running.

 

“Currently, many people camped in Central Primary School Pulka, where they face extreme cold and hunger, many of whom are women and children,” she said.

 

As of the time of filing this report, efforts to obtain updates from the spokesperson for Operation Hadin Kai, Lt. Col. Sani Uba, were unsuccessful as calls to his phone were not answered.

READ ALSO  2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria - Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation

The military has yet to issue an official statement on the incident

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Gwoza Local
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council

August 22, 2026

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.