Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Obaseki, Others Should Be Quarantined – Ize-Iyamu Campaign Organisation
News

Obaseki, Others Should Be Quarantined – Ize-Iyamu Campaign Organisation

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweJune 20, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Campaign Organisation of All Progressive Congress (APC) governoship aspirant, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has said Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki and all those who were at the defection meeting to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) should be quarantined because they flouted the physical distancing regulation established by the state governor.

The Director of Media and Communication of Ize-Iyamu Campaign Organisation, John Mayaki, in a statement, noted that Obaseki is now enjoying exactly what he tried to frustrate Ize-Iyamu of when he joined the APC.

“While we note interestingly that this is the same right the Governor, in his usual autocracy and abuse of power, tried to deny Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu last year when he returned to the All Progressives Congress through the sponsorship of physical and media attacks, and the institution of baseless court cases, we, as democrats and staunch believers in the rule of law, unlike Godwin Obaseki, hold nothing against it,” said Mayaki in the statement.

“However, we observed with great concern the dangerous and reckless actions of the Governor and his supporters at the venue of his defection. Without any observance of the social distancing rules, or the use of face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Mr. Godwin Obaseki assembled hundreds of Edo youths that his administration failed to gainfully engage following his failure to create 200,000 jobs as promised and assigned them the demeaning task of singing his praises at great risk to their health during a pandemic.

READ ALSO  Tinubu Picks Uba Sani to Drive Renewed Hope Agenda Nationwide

“Apart from violating the guidelines of the Presidential Task-Force on COVID-19 on social gathering, Mr. Godwin Obaseki also openly disregarded the stipulations of his ill-conceived gazette which, among other things, held that no gathering of more than 20 persons shall take place in a single location.

“Consequently, to protect the people of the State and ensure that the work of the Federal Government in curbing the spread of the viral disease is not undone by the irresponsibility of a vain Governor who prioritizes politics over public health and human lives, we call on the Nigeria Police Force and other relevant security agencies to aid the Nigeria Center for Disease Control in the commencement of an immediate identification, tracing, and arrest of everyone present at the event for immediate quarantine at nearby isolation centers.”

It should be recalled the governor gazetted a law outlawing political gatherings of more than 20 people without an approval, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the state.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Edo 2020: Obaseki Expresses Doubt Over APC Screening Process
  2. Edo 2020: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP
  3. UPDATED: Obaseki Submits Nomination Form, Tells Oshiomhole To Stay Away From APC Primaries
  4. JUST IN: Again, PDP Reschedules Edo Governorship Primary To Thursday June 25
apc edo gubernatorial election Godwin Obaseki Meridian Spy Nigeria News Pastor osagie Ize-Iyamu PDP
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

Investors Gain N1.7trn as Banking, Industrial Shares Soar

February 20, 2026

DSS Picked Date to Arraign El-Rufai over Cybercrime, Security Breach

February 20, 2026

117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme

February 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Interrogating the Russian Model in Africa By Oumarou Sanou
  • Investors Gain N1.7trn as Banking, Industrial Shares Soar
  • Banks, Telcos Settle N300bn USSD Debt Dispute After 4 Years  
  • DSS Picked Date to Arraign El-Rufai over Cybercrime, Security Breach
  • 117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme
  • Rivers assembly suspends impeachment proceedings against Fubara
  • Tinubu Signs Amended Electoral Act to End Delegate Primaries
  • Two Killed as Container Trucks Collide in Lagos
  • GenCos Faults ‘Institutionalised Extortion’ Allegations By NLC says Fact Misrepresented 
  • Tinubu Signs Executive Order Mandating Direct Remittance of Oil, Gas Revenues to Federation Account
  • ICPC ‘Reportedly’ Picked El-Rufai After 2 Night of  EFCC’s Grill
  • Meta Patents AI to Simulate Activity of Deceased Users 
  • Tinubu praises Christian, Muslims in his Lent, Ramadan Message 
  • Tinubu Picks Uba Sani to Drive Renewed Hope Agenda Nationwide
  • IPMAN Seeks $10bn for Refinery Project
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.