Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
News

Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ

meridianspyBy meridianspyMay 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ

 

The Defence Headquarters on Tuesday said joint counterterrorism operations conducted by Nigerian troops in collaboration with the United States Africa Command have killed no fewer than 175 ISIS militants in North-East Nigeria, dealing what it described as a devastating blow to the terror group’s operational network.

 

The military said the sustained offensive, which commenced days ago, had also resulted in the destruction of ISIS checkpoints, weapons caches, logistical hubs, military equipment and financial networks used to sustain terrorist activities across the region.

 

Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement issued on Tuesday, noting that the operation was part of ongoing coordinated efforts between the Armed Forces of Nigeria and the United States to dismantle terrorist strongholds and degrade insurgent capabilities in the North-East.

 

According to the DHQ, assessment reports as of May 19, 2026, confirmed that 175 ISIS fighters had been eliminated from the battlefield, while several high-profile commanders had also been neutralised during the precision strikes.

 

Among those killed, the military said, was Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, described as one of the world’s most dangerous ISIS operatives and a key figure in the group’s external operations.

 

The Defence Headquarters stated that al-Minuki played a major role in coordinating terrorist financing, recruitment, logistics and attack planning targeting Nigerians and civilians across different parts of the world.

READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

 

“The operations have also resulted in the elimination of several senior ISIS leaders, including Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, one of the most significant ISIS operatives in the world.

 

“Al-Minuki played a central role in ISIS external operations, coordinating terrorist financing, recruitment, logistics and attack planning targeting Nigerians and innocent civilians around the world. His death severely disrupts ISIS command, operational coordination and external attack networks,” the statement said.

 

The military further revealed that other senior terrorist figures eliminated in the offensive included Abd-al Wahhab, an ISWAP commander responsible for coordinating attacks and propaganda dissemination; Abu Musa al-Mangawi, identified as a senior ISWAP member; and Abu al-Muthanna al-Muhajir, said to be a senior media production manager and close associate of al-Minuki.

 

The Defence Headquarters maintained that the latest offensive reinforced the military’s longstanding resolve to pursue terrorists wherever they operate within Nigeria.

 

It stressed that the Armed Forces, working closely with international partners, would continue to sustain pressure on extremist groups threatening national and regional security.

 

“The joint strikes have further reinforced what the Armed Forces of Nigeria have consistently done over the years — hunt down and kill terrorists anywhere they are in Nigeria.

 

“The joint operations will continue to hunt down and destroy those who threaten our nation and regional stability,” the statement added.

 

The latest operation marks one of the most significant joint Nigeria-United States counterterrorism offensives in recent years and comes amid renewed military efforts to weaken ISIS and ISWAP remnants operating within the Lake Chad Basin and the wider Sahel region.

READ ALSO  Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026

FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

August 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
  • 2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.