Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Kebbi provides N10bn loan for hajj to Secure 1,300 Seats
News

Kebbi provides N10bn loan for hajj to Secure 1,300 Seats

meridianspyBy meridianspyDecember 9, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

The Kebbi State Government has provided N10bn to secure 1,300 additional seats for its citizens participating in the 2026 Hajj exercise.

 

The loan was approved to meet the December 5 deadline set by the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, according to the Chairman of the State Pilgrims Welfare Agency, Alhaji Faruku Aliyu-Yaro.

 

Briefing journalists in Birnin Kebbi on Saturday, Aliyu-Yaro said the loan was given to his agency, praising Governor Nasir Idris for what he called “a decisive, compassionate, and people-centred intervention.”

 

According to Aliyu-Yaro, the state faced the risk of losing hundreds of Hajj seats following NAHCON’s December 5 deadline, which initially had no provision for extension.

“Many intending pilgrims were already in tears because they thought they would miss the exercise.

 

“But the governor stepped in at the most critical moment. He deserves special prayers from the people of Kebbi State,” he said.

 

Aliyu-Yaro said the governor’s approval of the N10 billion loan not only secured the state’s full allocation but also created room for more residents to participate.

 

“I am glad to announce the extension of the deadline for intending pilgrims to make their payments up to December 16.

 

“With this development, the door is now open for all intending pilgrims to pay the N7,696,769.79 Hajj fare without fear of missing out,” he added.

 

The chairman explained that all 21 local government areas would benefit from the extension.

READ ALSO  EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

 

“We want every eligible resident—whether from Argungu, Yauri, Zuru, or Bagudo—to have a fair chance. Nobody willing to perform Hajj should be left behind,” he stressed.

 

Aliyu-Yaro said the agency had already begun processing documentation and other preparatory procedures for the 2026 exercise, noting that Kebbi started preparations several months earlier.

 

“Kebbi began preparation for the 2026 Hajj about seven to eight months ago. This is why we continue to lead nationally in planning and coordination,” he said.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Alhaji Faruku Aliyu-Yaro. National Hajj Commission
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council

August 22, 2026

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.