Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Demolition protest: Stay out of Lagos, police warn Sowore
News

Demolition protest: Stay out of Lagos, police warn Sowore

meridianspyBy meridianspyOctober 27, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
police
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

 The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Mr Olohundare Jimoh, has warned activist Omoyele Sowore and others against mobilising protests over recent demolitions in the state.

 

Jimoh gave the warning while addressing newsmen in Iyana-Oworo axis of the Third Mainland bridge on Monday in Lagos.

 

The police boss said that the command had made massive deployments across the city to forestall any planned demonstrations that could lead to public disorder.

 

He emphasised that the command would not tolerate any attempt to block major highways or disrupt the peace currently being enjoyed in Lagos.

 

“We want to warn Sowore and his group to stay away from Lagos or face the full weight of the law.

 

“The Third Mainland Bridge is too vital to the Nigerian economy and the safety of lives and property for anyone to think of blocking it.

 

”Every day, thousands of people depend on that route for their livelihood and medical emergencies, ” he said.

 

The police chief said officers had been stationed at strategic points including the Third Mainland Bridge, Maryland, Ojota, Gani Fawehinmi Park, Gbagada, Bariga Lekki Toll Gate, and other areas to ensure peace and order.

 

According to him, while the Nigerian Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and peaceful assembly, protests must follow due process and must not infringe on the rights of others.

 

“Anyone who wishes to organise a peaceful protest must follow laid down procedures.

READ ALSO  Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

 

“What we have seen in recent times is not protest but attempts to disrupt public peace. Anyone who engages in such will be dealt with according to the law,” he said.

 

On the recent Oworonshoki demolition, CP Jimoh defended the government’s action, describing the affected areas as illegal structures and hideouts for criminals.

 

“Those areas were being used by criminals to launch attacks on innocent Nigerians.

 

“The government is justified in clearing them. Genuine residents have been compensated, and this was documented and covered by the media two days ago,” he said.

 

He accused some individuals of attempting to exploit the situation for political or criminal purposes, warning that the police would not allow anyone to use the guise of protest to cause mayhem.

 

“Anyone hiding under activism to cause chaos is complicit in a conspiracy to commit crime, we will not permit that, ” he said.

 

The commissioner assured law-abiding residents of adequate protection, urging them to go about their daily activities without fear.

 

“Every Nigerian is entitled to protection, safety, and freedom of movement.

 

“We will continue to ensure that Lagos remains peaceful, but criminality under the cover of protest will not be tolerated,” he said. (

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council

August 22, 2026

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.