Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Zamfara students demand more action on insecurity
News

Zamfara students demand more action on insecurity

meridianspyBy meridianspyNovember 30, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

The Federated Association of Zamfara State Students has appealed to the Federal and Zamfara State Governments to intensify and sustain efforts to tackle the insecurity bedevilling the state.

 

The outgoing National President of FAZAMSS, Nasir Gamagiwa, made the plea during a press conference on Saturday in Gusau.

 

Gamagiwa highlighted the critical role of both tiers of government in addressing banditry and kidnapping that have ravaged the state.

 

While applauding the efforts already made, he called for greater coordination among stakeholders, especially security agencies, to restore law, order and peaceful living among citizens.

 

 

 

So This Happened (EP 355) reviews: Hospital cleaner arrested for posing as surgeon on Snapchat0:00 / 0:00

 

The student leader regretted that several members of the union had fallen victim to the insecurity.

 

Reviewing the union’s activities in the last year, Gamagiwa said the association under his administration had unified students’ groups to form a single federated union for stronger collective representation.

 

The effort, he noted, restored unity among Zamfara students’ groups across various institutions in the country.

 

“The harmonisation of NUZAMSS and FAZAMSS is one of the most historic accomplishments of this administration.

 

“Through collective efforts, we have successfully restored renewed hope within the Zamfara students’ community. These factions hitherto operated separately, weakening the collective strength of the student union.

 

“This achievement not only restored dignity, structure and direction to Zamfara students but also gave them a sense of hope towards a brighter future,” he said.

READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

 

According to him, during the one year in office, the association facilitated the payment of over ₦1.022 billion in NECO backlog, bringing relief to thousands of students who were unable to access their NECO results.

 

He listed other interventions to include the settlement of ₦163 million in tuition at Crescent University, securing 154 slots in the Presidential ₦50,000 Nano-Grant Scheme, and laying the foundation for the Zamfara Education Trust Fund (ZETF) to support intellectual development.

 

“We have also facilitated the sponsorship of 20 students for health programmes at Igbinedion University, Edo State.

 

“We trained 100 student leaders on peacebuilding, and strengthened our relationship with the Ministry of Education and the State Scholarship Board,” he said.

 

Gamagiwa highlighted challenges confronting the union, including logistics, limited funds and inadequate scholarships for programmes beneficial to students.

 

“We extend our profound gratitude to the Zamfara Government for its continuous support in addressing our plights.

 

“We are also grateful to former FAZAMSS/NUZAMSS leaders, the Commissioner for Education, Wadatau Madawaki, and Prof. Rasheedah Liman of the Zamfara Scholarship Board for the critical roles they played in the successes recorded,” he said

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

FAZAMSS Nasir Gamagiwa
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.