Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Diplomatic Issues with US Resolved, FG Says
News

Diplomatic Issues with US Resolved, FG Says

meridianspyBy meridianspyDecember 22, 2025Updated:December 22, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Tinubu
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Diplomatic Issues with US Resolved, FG Says

The Federal Government on Monday said recent diplomatic differences between Nigeria and the United States have been successfully resolved through constructive engagement, reaffirming the strength of bilateral relations between both countries.

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, disclosed this at an end-of-year press conference held in Abuja, where he reviewed the Federal Government’s 2025 performance and outlined priorities for the year ahead.

According to the minister, the issue, which had attracted public attention in recent weeks, was addressed through firm but respectful diplomatic dialogue, resulting in a strengthened partnership between the two countries.

“The recent diplomatic spat with the United States has been resolved through firm, respectful engagement, culminating in a strengthened partnership,” Idris said.

He stressed that Nigeria remains a confident and strategic player on the global stage, capable of defending its national interests while sustaining mutually beneficial international relationships.

Highlighting the outcome of the renewed engagement, the minister revealed that Nigeria and the United States recently signed a five-year, $5.1 billion bilateral health cooperation Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). Under the agreement, the United States will provide $2.1 billion in grant funding, while Nigeria will commit $3 billion to strengthen the country’s healthcare system.

Idris described the agreement as the largest co-investment by any country under the America First Global Health Strategy, noting that it would significantly improve healthcare delivery, save lives and attract further investments into the sector.

READ ALSO  EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

Beyond relations with the United States, the minister said Nigeria recorded notable diplomatic gains in 2025, including its return to the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Council after 14 years, securing a Category C seat for the 2026–2027 biennium.

He added that several Nigerians also assumed prominent international positions during the year, spanning organisations such as the World Customs Organisation, the World Health Organisation, the International Telecommunication Union and the International Association for Ports and Harbours.

On security, Idris reiterated the Federal Government’s commitment to protecting lives and property, noting that all 230 abducted pupils of St. Mary’s Catholic School, Papiri, Niger State, had been successfully rescued through coordinated security operations.

He said the government’s broader security reforms in 2025 included the declaration of a nationwide security emergency, massive recruitment into the armed forces and police, and the planned deployment of forest guards to secure vulnerable areas.

Looking ahead, the minister said the 2026 Appropriation Bill, christened the “Budget of Consolidation, Renewed Resilience and Shared Prosperity,” prioritises defence, infrastructure and economic stability, with the largest-ever allocation to security in Nigeria’s history.

Idris assured Nigerians that the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu would continue to pursue diplomacy anchored on national interest, peace and economic growth, while strengthening Nigeria’s standing in the international community.

He urged citizens to remain optimistic, stressing that “Nigeria is no longer on the sidelines but actively shaping outcomes on the global stage.”

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet
READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.