Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Why NSA Ribadu Ordered My Arrest – El Rufai
News

Why NSA Ribadu Ordered My Arrest – El Rufai

meridianspyBy meridianspyFebruary 13, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

El-Rufai Alleges NSA Ordered Plot to Arrest Him, Claims Phone Was Tapped to Expose Plan

 

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has alleged that the National SecurybArresteity Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, personally ordered security operatives to arrest him upon arrival at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, claiming that a tapped phone conversation exposed the directive.

Speaking during an interview on ARISE TV News on Friday, El-Rufai said he was informed that Ribadu gave instructions for him to be taken into custody “by all means necessary” when he landed in Abuja from Cairo.

According to the former governor, about 50 operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) were deployed to the airport on the request of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) to effect his arrest.

“We tapped Nuhu Ribadu’s phone and confirmed he gave the order for 50 DSS to abduct me at the airport by all means. It wasn’t the EFCC. It was the ICPC,” El-Rufai alleged during the interview.

He further claimed that the security operatives who accosted him at the airport failed to present any formal letter of invitation or arrest warrant.

“I asked for a letter of invitation, and none of them had one. I refused to follow them without it. They tried to force me to go with them. One of my aides was beaten, and my passport was seized,” he said.

The attempted arrest reportedly occurred on Thursday shortly after El-Rufai arrived at the Abuja airport from Cairo. Sources had earlier indicated that operatives linked to the ICPC were at the airport in what was described as a move to detain the former governor.

READ ALSO  EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

El-Rufai insisted that the operation was politically motivated, alleging that the current administration is targeting him and his associates.

“This administration is desperate and determined to bring down everyone. They think we were thieves like them when we were in government,” he said.

He disclosed that since leaving office in May 2023, he has been under investigation, with several of his former aides, including his ex-Chief of Staff and Commissioner of Finance, allegedly arrested and charged to court.

“They have investigated me since June 2023 and found nothing. Virtually all my senior officials have been interrogated and charged with frivolous allegations, and nothing has been established,” he stated.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026

FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

August 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
  • 2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.