Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Politics»Tinubu’s  Certificate Saga: We’ve Petitioned BBC Over Report
Politics

Tinubu’s  Certificate Saga: We’ve Petitioned BBC Over Report

meridianspyBy meridianspyOctober 13, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

Phrank Shaibu, a Special Assistant on Public Communication to the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2023 general elections, Atiku Abubakar, has said that they have petitioned the BBC over a report on Tinubu’s certificate.

In a report titled “Bola Tinubu diploma: No evidence Nigeria’s president forged college record”, BBC analyzed the controversy surrounding the certificate President Bola Ahmed Tinubu submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), saying there is no evidence that the president forged the certificate.

But during an interview on Channels TV’s Politics Today, Shaibu said the matter had been taken up with the BBC top management.

“When they said a report by the BBC, I laughed at the level of pedestrianism. The three young people who wrote that report are not even in the employment of the BBC. They are just like a fact-checking team. Let me take one of the authors of that report, Olaronke Alo. As of 2019, he was a reporter and presenter at TVC owned by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

“We don’t need the services of a clairvoyant to know how the stories were put together. The first paragraph will tell you they got the true certified copy of the position from Frank Shaibu. One of the reporters asked me for it and I sent it to her.

“The same report claims that when they tried to reach the Atiku media team, we did not respond. This we have taken up with the top management and we have written a petition to the BBC because they allowed their platform to be used for a hatched job like this.”

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Edo Assembly Gets New Speaker

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨

August 19, 2026

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐢 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞

August 19, 2026

𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐕𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐥 𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐭 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐟𝐭

August 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐎𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐳𝐫𝐢 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐢 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞
  • 𝐋𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤-𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟔 𝐈𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲
  • 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐕𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐥 𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐭 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐟𝐭
  • N’Assembly has over 14,000 workers, busiest parliament in world — Clerk
  • Tinubu Billed to Address World Leaders at 81st UN Assembly
  • No Alliance: Adeleke Denies ADC Role in Re-Election
  • Salary Crisis: NLC Warns of Fresh Health Sector Strike
  • Obi, Others Sign Peace Pact as 2027 Campaign Begins Today
  • Off-Cycle Polls: Jonathan Decries Govs’ Show of Force
  • How ADC worked with Accord to defeat APC –ADC Spokwsman
  • Tinubu Support Group Kicks Off 2027 Campaign With 3,000-Man Walk
  • How to Apply for FG Loan to Build, Buy a House
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.