Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»No More Excuses – Tinubu Tasks New Service Chiefs on Terrorism, Banditry 
News

No More Excuses – Tinubu Tasks New Service Chiefs on Terrorism, Banditry 

meridianspyBy meridianspyOctober 31, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

No More Excuses – Tinubu Tasks New Service Chiefs on Terrorism, Banditry

 

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has charged the newly appointed service chiefs to intensify efforts to defeat terrorism, banditry, and other criminal activities across the country, emphasising that Nigerians expect results, not excuses.

 

President Tinubu delivered this charge on Thursday at the Presidential Villa, following the decoration of the service chiefs with their new ranks.

 

“We cannot allow the crisis that began in 2009 to persist any longer. I charge you, as the heads of our nation’s armed forces, to carry out your duties with patriotic zeal.

 

“Nigerians expect results, not excuses. I also urge you to be innovative, pre-emptive, and courageous. Let’s stay ahead of those who seek to threaten our peace. Let us deploy technology where necessary,” the President said.

 

The ceremony at the Council Chambers was witnessed by Vice President Kashim Shettima, Senate President Godswill Akpabio, his deputy, Senator Barau Jibrin, Speaker Tajudeen Abbas, and his deputy, Benjamin Kalu, the Senate Majority Leader, Opeyemi Bamidele, and the Chairman of the Appropriation Committee, Senator Olamilekan Solomon Adeola.

 

Also present were the Governors of Kwara, Abdulrahman Abdulrazak; Jigawa, Umar Namadi; Lagos, Babajide Sanwo-Olu; and Ogun, Prince Dapo Abiodun.

 

Other dignitaries in attendance included the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator George Akume; Chief of Staff, Femi Gbajabiamila; Head of the Civil Service, Esther Didi Walson-Jack; Chairmen of Defence Committees in the National Assembly, Senator Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan and Babajimi Benson; Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru Abubakar; Minister of Finance, Wale Edun; Minister of Information, Muhammed Idris; and National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu..

READ ALSO  Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic

 

President Tinubu tasked the new military chiefs to dismantle the activities of emerging armed groups that have regrouped in some parts of the country:

 

“Security threats are constantly evolving and mutating. Of grave concern to our administration is the recent emergence of new armed groups in the North-Central, North-West, and parts of the South.

 

“We must not allow these new threats to fester. We must be decisive and proactive. Let us smash the new snakes right at the head.”

 

He assured the armed forces of the Federal Government’s readiness to support their efforts, reiterating that the safety and security of Nigerians remain paramount for national development.

 

The President commended the courage and commitment of the military and their families for their sacrifices to the nation.

 

“Over the years, our military has remained steadfast in defending our nation’s territorial integrity, with many soldiers paying the supreme price for their service. Their sacrifices will not be in vain.

 

“We have restored peace to many areas previously under siege, rescued countless kidnapped citizens, and significantly diminished the capacity of terror groups.

 

“There were times when terrorists and armed marauders held significant portions of our land; this is no longer the case,” President Tinubu said.

 

He urged the service chiefs to ensure synergy and provide exemplary leadership in all their operations.

 

“I advise you to work together as a team. Compare notes, exchange information effectively, and follow up proactively to ensure a seamless process. Work with other security agencies and defeat this enemy once and for all. We need to clean them up, clear them out. I promise to provide all the support you need to get the job done.”

READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

 

Responding on behalf of the service chiefs, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Olufemi Oluyede, thanked the President for finding them worthy of the appointments.

 

General Oluyede urged Nigerians to support the military in the campaign to safeguard Nigeria’s territorial integrity and rid the country of terrorism, banditry, and other criminal activities.

 

He also assured the President of their determination to keep the country safe.

 

“Security should be our business, but without the support of Nigerians, we can hardly achieve anything. I want to encourage Nigerians of all ethnicities to support us, and ultimately, we will make Nigeria a safer place. That’s our promise to you,” he said

 

The Service Chiefs who were promoted and decorated with their new ranks include the Chief of Defence Staff, General Olufemi Oluyede; Chief of Defence Intelligence, Lieutenant General Emmanuel Parker Undiandeye; Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Waidi Shaibu; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abbas; and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Kelvin Aneke..

 

The Service Chiefs were accompanied to the event by their spouses. The military chiefs drew applause from the audience when, after saluting the President, their Commander-in-Chief, they turned and saluted their wives.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.