Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Kwara: 38 abducted churchgoers regain freedom
News

Kwara: 38 abducted churchgoers regain freedom

meridianspyBy meridianspyNovember 23, 2025Updated:November 23, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
bandits
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Thirty-eight abducted worshippers of Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), Eruku, in Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have regained their freedom following days of coordinated security operations and high-level government intervention.

 

Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq announced the development on Sunday, attributing the successful rescue to what he described as President Bola Tinubu’s “hands-on approach” to the incident.

 

The governor’s position was contained in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye, and made available to newsrooms on November 23, 2025.

 

According to press statement by Rafiu Ajakaye, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Kwara State, issued on Sunday, the abductees — seized during an attack on the church earlier this month — were released on Sunday after intensified operations led by national security agencies acting on presidential directives.

 

Governor AbdulRazaq said the breakthrough was “wholly due to the hands-on approach of President Bola Tinubu, GCFR,” who he said personally led efforts from the onset of the crisis. The statement also revealed that President Tinubu cancelled his scheduled trip to the G20 meeting in South Africa in order to focus on the security breaches recorded in both Kwara and Kebbi States.

 

The governor noted that the President had ordered heightened security deployments across Kwara, including the dispatch of four new tactical police teams, demonstrating what he called a “firm commitment to the safety and wellbeing of Nigerians.”

READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

 

AbdulRazaq extended appreciation to the Office of the National Security Adviser, the Department of State Services (DSS), the Nigerian Army, the Nigeria Intelligence Agency (NIA), and the Nigeria Police Force for their roles in securing the release. He also acknowledged the support of traditional rulers, religious institutions, community leaders and residents who stood with the state during the ordeal.

 

“On behalf of the government and people of Kwara State, I express immense gratitude to Mr. President for the direct initiative that made this happen,” the governor said, according to the statement signed by Ajakaye.

 

The governor further commended the security personnel involved in the operation and thanked Kwarans for their patience, prayers, and solidarity throughout the incident.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) Eruku Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.