Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Khamenei Killing: US Embassy Cancels Visa Appointments In Abuja
News

Khamenei Killing: US Embassy Cancels Visa Appointments In Abuja

meridianspyBy meridianspyMarch 4, 2026Updated:March 4, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The United States Embassy in Nigeria has cancelled all visa appointments scheduled for Wednesday, March 4, 2026, citing a high potential for protests in Abuja amid escalating hostilities between the United States and Iran.

Disclosing this in a statement via its website on Wednesday, the embassy warned of “potential demonstrations” in the Federal Capital Territory, calling on American citizens to remain indoors.

“The U.S. Embassy in Abuja informs U.S. citizens that there is a high potential for protests in Abuja tomorrow, March 4, 2026, due to the current conflict with Iran,” the statement read.

“Previous protests by some groups have resulted in violent clashes between the groups and Nigerian security forces. The Embassy strongly recommends that all U.S. citizens in Abuja remain in their residences on Wednesday, March 4.”

The warning comes four days after US-Israel airstrikes targeted and killed Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Several other high-ranking Iranian officials were also said to have been killed in the strikes, triggering swift retaliation from Tehran.

Angered by the development, Iran launched multiple missiles targeting U.S. bases in Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia, vowing to avenge the death of its Supreme Leader and other regime officials.

The conflict, which began with coordinated U.S. and Israeli strikes over the weekend, has shown no sign of abating as it entered its fifth day.

Due to the potential for protests in Abuja, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja has cancelled all visa appointments on Wednesday, March 4, 2026. Applicants will be contacted with information on how to reschedule.

READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

Please monitor our website and social media channels for further updates.… pic.twitter.com/g21yCHI1lF

— U.S. Mission Nigeria (@USinNigeria) March 4, 2026

On Tuesday, US President Donald Trump said it is too late for Iran to pursue negotiations, despite signals from Tehran indicating interest in talks.

Read Also:

Court declines ex-commissioners’ bid to stop Kano govt from reclaiming official vehicles

Doguwa Reclaims Kano APC Chairmanship Years After Forced Exit

Venezuela, Iran and Tinubu’s Diplomatic Calculus with Trump

In a post on Truth Social, Trump wrote: “Their air defense, Air Force, Navy, and Leadership is gone. They want to talk. I said ‘Too Late!’”

His remarks came two days after he had indicated openness to discussions, amid ongoing joint US-Israeli military operations against Iran.

Speaking to reporters at the White House during a meeting with Friedrich Merz, Trump asserted that the attacks had caused extensive damage.

“Just about everything’s been knocked out,” he said.

Trump also claimed that Iran had been preparing to launch an attack before the US and Israeli action, contradicting earlier comments by Secretary of State Marco Rubio suggesting Israel initiated the conflict.

“I think they were going to attack first, and I didn’t want that to happen. So, if anything, I might have forced Israel’s hand,” Trump said.

Addressing concerns about the aftermath of the operation, Trump said the worst-case scenario would be the emergence of a new leader similar to Iran’s late Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei.

“I guess the worst case would be, we do this, and then somebody takes over who’s as bad as the previous person,” he said. “That could happen. We don’t want that to happen.”

READ ALSO  N’Assembly has over 14,000 workers, busiest parliament in world — Clerk

Trump further stated that two waves of strikes had killed individuals previously considered as potential successors.

But Iran ruled out any possibility of engaging the United States in any dialogue, saying the Americans cannot be trusted.

According to Mohammad Mokhber, a senior aide to the late supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran had “no basis for any negotiations with them”, adding that:

“We can continue the war as long as we want.”

Earlier, Iran said it would hold a three-day state funeral for supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who was killed in US-Israeli strikes, official news agency Irna said.

“Starting at 10:00 pm (1830 GMT), the faithful will be able to pay a final homage to the body of the martyred guide of the nation, by visiting the Imam Khomenei grand mosque” in Tehran, Irna said, citing a statement from the Islamic Development Coordination Council.

Khamenei was 86 years old when he was killed, and will be buried in his home city of Mashhad in northeastern Iran

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026

FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

August 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
  • 2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.