Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Kano Guber: NNPP Knocks Appeal Court Over Judgement, Rejects it
News

Kano Guber: NNPP Knocks Appeal Court Over Judgement, Rejects it

meridianspyBy meridianspyNovember 18, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Abba Kabir Yusuf
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in Kano has rejected the verdict of the court of appeal on the March 18 election in the state.

A three-member panel of the appellate court led by Justice M.A. Adumeh had earlier on Friday upheld the verdict of the Kano State governorship election tribunal which sacked Abba Yusuf as governor of the state.

The panel declared the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Yusuf Gawuna, as the duly elected governor of the state.

The appellate court held that Yusuf was not qualified to contest the election as he was not in the NNPP membership register before the election.

The NNPP chairman in Kano, Alhaji Hashimu Dungurawa, who addressed journalists in the state, described the judgement as a threat to the survival of the country’s democracy.

 

He said: “This judgement poses a great threat to our nation’s democracy because the electorates elected Governor Yusuf through the electoral process in a free and fair contest only for the Appeal Court to do otherwise.

“The judgement is very unexpected. We never expected it would happen this way. The way things are going and with the way the judicial system is, definitely democracy is coming to an end in this country.

“I see no reason why a person will go to the grassroots and introduce himself to the people, they will go to the polling booth to cast their votes, and the Independent election umpire will issue him a certificate of return.

READ ALSO  𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐢 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞

“He will enter office and just one, two or three people will sit down and remove him. This is very unbecoming and is not helping matters.

“Democracy is said to be a game of numbers and the person in question happens to get the highest numbers in the election.

“In all the Assembly members we have 26 out of 40. We have two out of three senators. Even the presidential candidate is from the state and has the highest votes in a state in the presidential contest.

“We are not happy with this judgement and consider it not acceptable. We will take all the necessary steps to reclaim our stolen mandate.

“Because this is a stolen mandate and we will not allow it. People of Kano State are not happy with it and NNPP people are not happy with hi”

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Nigeria Governors Agree To Implement 14 Days Inter-State Lockdown Over COVID-19
  2. Osinbajo, APC Legal Team reviews Plans for 2023 Polls
  3. PDP, LP, ADC seek fresh elections, demand Yakubu to step aside
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨

August 19, 2026

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐢 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞

August 19, 2026

𝐋𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤-𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟔 𝐈𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲

August 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐎𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐳𝐫𝐢 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐢 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞
  • 𝐋𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤-𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟔 𝐈𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲
  • 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐕𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐥 𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐭 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐟𝐭
  • N’Assembly has over 14,000 workers, busiest parliament in world — Clerk
  • Tinubu Billed to Address World Leaders at 81st UN Assembly
  • No Alliance: Adeleke Denies ADC Role in Re-Election
  • Salary Crisis: NLC Warns of Fresh Health Sector Strike
  • Obi, Others Sign Peace Pact as 2027 Campaign Begins Today
  • Off-Cycle Polls: Jonathan Decries Govs’ Show of Force
  • How ADC worked with Accord to defeat APC –ADC Spokwsman
  • Tinubu Support Group Kicks Off 2027 Campaign With 3,000-Man Walk
  • How to Apply for FG Loan to Build, Buy a House
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.