Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Politics»Kano Denies Sacking 10,800 Workers Employed by Ganduje Administration
Politics

Kano Denies Sacking 10,800 Workers Employed by Ganduje Administration

meridianspyBy meridianspyJuly 1, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Abba Kabir Yusuf
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Kano State Government said it had not sacked the 10,800 workers whose June salaries were stopped.

Meridian Spy gathered that the 10,800 workers were employed by the administration of former governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje.

The clarification was made on Friday in Kano in a joint news conference by the Commissioner for Information, Malam Baba Dantiye; Accountant General, Abdukadir Abdulsalam, and Head of Service (HOS), Usman Bala-Muhammad.

The HOS explained that the 10,800 workers were not sacked, but only had their salaries stopped pending verification of their status.

“Let me make it categorically clear that no staff was retrenched. Their salaries were stopped to cleanse the system because of some allegations.

“A verification committee will soon be set up and after the exercise those employed legally through laid down civil service rules will receive their salaries.”

According to him, the essence is to optimize the civil service for better service delivery and place everything in right perspective.

In his comment, Dantiye said the government appreciated civil servants and pensioners in the state for their patience and the happiness they showed when their June salaries were paid without deductions.

The Accountant General said while answering questions that Gov. Abba Yusuf ordered his office to stop the salaries of the 10,800 workers employed by Ganduje.

Abdulsalam said that the committee to be set up would review the procedures for their engagement so as to remove those illegally recruited.

READ ALSO  How ADC worked with Accord to defeat APC –ADC Spokwsman

According to him, the previous administration only engaged and promoted workers at the end of its tenure.

Concerning local government workers, Abdusalam assured that those who were converted to state workers by the former administration would continue to receive their salaries.

The accountant general said that what the new government has done so far is to attempt to correct the system for effective service delivery.
(NAN)

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Omo-Agege Raises Alarm Over Alleged Threats to Life, Holds Delta Governor Responsible

August 20, 2026

𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨

August 19, 2026

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐢 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞

August 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • UK Pledges £442m to Get Rough Sleepers Off Streets by Christmas
  • Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic
  • Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme
  • UK Ex-Commonwealth Champion Baptiste Found Jailed in Morocco
  • Omo-Agege Raises Alarm Over Alleged Threats to Life, Holds Delta Governor Responsible
  • 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐎𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐳𝐫𝐢 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐢 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞
  • 𝐋𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤-𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟔 𝐈𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲
  • 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐕𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐥 𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐭 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐟𝐭
  • N’Assembly has over 14,000 workers, busiest parliament in world — Clerk
  • Tinubu Billed to Address World Leaders at 81st UN Assembly
  • No Alliance: Adeleke Denies ADC Role in Re-Election
  • Salary Crisis: NLC Warns of Fresh Health Sector Strike
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.