Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Investigations»Guber Polls: DSS raises Alarm Over plans to Cause Unrest
Investigations

Guber Polls: DSS raises Alarm Over plans to Cause Unrest

meridianspyBy meridianspyMarch 8, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
DSS
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Ahead of the governorship and state assembly elections in the country, the Department of State Services has raised the alarm that some undisclosed persons are planning to cause a “total breakdown of law and order.”

This is even as the service said it had observed there had been tension in parts of the country days before the polls.

In a series of tweets on his handle on Wednesday night, the spokesperson for the service, Peter Afunanya, said the actions of politicians have consequences on the country’s democracy.

The tweets partly read, “The Department of State Services alerts the public of orchestrated plans by some persons to cause a total breakdown of law and order in the country shortly after the March 11, 2023 governorship and state assembly elections.

“It also wishes to draw attention to the unnecessary palpable political tension in parts of the country prior to the elections under reference. It is observed that some of the players are at daggers drawn with one another. The development holds dire consequences for national peace and stability.

“It is in view of these that the service warns politicians and their supporters to engage constructively. Everyone is advised to shun fake news, hate speech and such other utterances that may be inimical to peaceful co-existence.”

He stated that the service with other agencies had embarked on operations to ensure that the elections were held peacefully.

Afunanya said, “Elections should not be seen as a do-or-die affair. There is no basis for anyone to take laws into their hands. This is even more so that aggrieved persons can take advantage of our courts and seek redress. We should have faith in our institutions.

“Over this election period, the service has remained committed to providing conducive environment for a peaceful exercise. In this regard, it separately and in collaboration with sister agencies, carried out mop up operations.

“Those operations were meant to thwart nefarious plans and activities of undesirable elements to outrightly undermine the electoral processes. For hitch-free governorship and state assembly elections, the service has partnered with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the required peace is maintained before, during and after the exercises.”

He, however, enjoined politicians and citizens to stick by the rules before, during and after the elections.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the service will work to make sure that no person or group, no matter how highly placed, disrupts the scheduled elections in any part of the Federation.

“It is committed to the safety and security of citizens who may wish to go out to exercise their civic responsibility. All and sundry are therefore enjoined to abide by the rules of engagement particularly the Electoral Act and extant guidelines. ”

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Polls: EFCC deploys Officers, releases Hotlines for Reporting Vote-buying
  2. DSS assures Nigerians of Election Readiness
DSS Election Governorship election
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Sunday Igboho Claims DSS Killed Cat During 2021 Raid

July 29, 2026

What Really Happened in Umahi’s House? Young Woman’s Death in Minister’s Residence Raises Troubling Questions

July 13, 2026

Certificate Scandal: Former Minister Faces ICPC Trial Today

July 13, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
  • 2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation
  • UK Pledges £442m to Get Rough Sleepers Off Streets by Christmas
  • Cross River Gov Orders Aides to Withdraw Case Against Critic
  • Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme
  • UK Ex-Commonwealth Champion Baptiste Found Jailed in Morocco
  • Omo-Agege Raises Alarm Over Alleged Threats to Life, Holds Delta Governor Responsible
  • 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚
  • 𝐎𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 ₦𝟒𝟎𝐁𝐧, 𝐅𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐨
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.