Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Gen. Musa Cautions Media not to Amplify Ongoing Protest
News

Gen. Musa Cautions Media not to Amplify Ongoing Protest

meridianspyBy meridianspyAugust 3, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Breaking News
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

General Christopher Musa, Chief of Defence Staff, has cautioned the media against extensive coverage of ongoing nationwide protests.

He believes such coverage may inadvertently encourage the protesters. The protests, which have been sweeping the country, are primarily focused on economic hardship.

 

General Musa made these remarks while addressing the newsmen on Friday in Abuja.

 

“I noticed that all the stations were hooked up to the protests the other day. The media should not do this. This is not an election,” Musa said.

 

The protests started on Thursday.

“We don’t give them that coverage for them to feel. Some people just want to be on the screen.

“They are a bunch of people who believe it is only through the protest that they will be able to loot, steal, and destroy,” he said.

The CDS confirmed that most of the individuals causing chaos during the protests had been arrested, and assured the public of the continued support from the police and military.

He said that phone numbers would be made available to members of the public to report any suspicious activity.

Musa said that government had shown its commitment to allowing people to associate freely without restrictions.

“The only snag is that the protests have degenerated. We are disappointed  with the outcome of the protests.

“The security forces, especially the Nigeria Police Force, have shown a lot of professionalism, including where members of the armed forces had to step in.

READ ALSO  Tinubu praises Christian, Muslims in his Lent, Ramadan Message 

“We have remained professional in our conduct and will continue to do so as long as the citizens understand the difference between peace and criminality.”

The CDS described the initial phase of the protest as peaceful, but regretted that it was quickly taken over by criminals.

He urged Nigerians to understand that the federal government is doing its best to address the country’s economic and security challenges.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Stop cursing your country, Defence Chief tells Nigerians
  2. Urgently Needed – Youth Inclusion in Nigeria’s Insecurity War
General Christopher Musa
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Investors Gain N1.7trn as Banking, Industrial Shares Soar

February 20, 2026

DSS Picked Date to Arraign El-Rufai over Cybercrime, Security Breach

February 20, 2026

117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme

February 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Interrogating the Russian Model in Africa By Oumarou Sanou
  • Investors Gain N1.7trn as Banking, Industrial Shares Soar
  • Banks, Telcos Settle N300bn USSD Debt Dispute After 4 Years  
  • DSS Picked Date to Arraign El-Rufai over Cybercrime, Security Breach
  • 117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme
  • Rivers assembly suspends impeachment proceedings against Fubara
  • Tinubu Signs Amended Electoral Act to End Delegate Primaries
  • Two Killed as Container Trucks Collide in Lagos
  • GenCos Faults ‘Institutionalised Extortion’ Allegations By NLC says Fact Misrepresented 
  • Tinubu Signs Executive Order Mandating Direct Remittance of Oil, Gas Revenues to Federation Account
  • ICPC ‘Reportedly’ Picked El-Rufai After 2 Night of  EFCC’s Grill
  • Meta Patents AI to Simulate Activity of Deceased Users 
  • Tinubu praises Christian, Muslims in his Lent, Ramadan Message 
  • Tinubu Picks Uba Sani to Drive Renewed Hope Agenda Nationwide
  • IPMAN Seeks $10bn for Refinery Project
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.