Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Falana Tells FG To Seek Cuban Assistance To Tackle COVID-19
News

Falana Tells FG To Seek Cuban Assistance To Tackle COVID-19

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweMarch 25, 2020Updated:March 25, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Human right activist, Femi Falana SAN, has advised the federal government to seek the help of the Cuban government in combating the spread of the deadly coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, the senior advocate of Nigeria said Cuban medical professionals had set a record in Africa when they helped fight ebola virus disease EVD in 2017. Adding that countries like China, Italy and Brazil have all deployed a Cuban drug known as ‘Recombinant Human Interferon Alpha 2B’ to fight the deadly COVID-19 and Nigeria should do so without further delay.

Falana’s letter reads: “We have confirmed that the Cuban drug known as ‘Recombinant Human Interferon Alpha 2B’ developed by Cuba has so far proved to be the most effective weapon against COVID-19. Apart from the Chinese Government which has  chosen ‘Interfron Alpha 2B’ as one of the drugs for combating COVID-19 the Italian Government has adopted it and secured the services of Cuban doctors along with Chinese experts in combating the dreaded disease. 

“The right wing Brazilian Government which had expelled Cuban doctors two years ago on ideological  grounds has been compelled to request for the assistance of Cuban medical team amidst coronavirus pandemic. Similarly, other Latin American, Caribbean and European countries are reported to have requested the Cuban drug and also help from Cuban medical professionals to fight the  COVID-19 scourge.  

“In view of the foregoing,  we call on you to use your good offices to confirm the efficacy of the Interfron Alpha 2B’ and recommend the same for the treatment of COVID-19.  Having regards to the selfless role of the Cuban medical professionals in eradicating the Ebola virus in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone in 2017 we call without any further delay. The health of humanity should not be sacrificed on the alter of ideological disputation.”

READ ALSO  FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service

According to Nigerian Centre for Disease Control NCDC, as at 07:00am Wednesday, 25th March, there are 46 confirmed cases of COVID19 in Nigeria. 2 have been discharged with 1 death.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Dino Melaye Says Covid-19 Is A Time To Reflect, Return To God
  2. Buhari Orders All Returnee FG Officials To Self-isolate
  3. BREAKING: Senate Closes For Two Weeks Over Coronavirus Pandemic
  4. BREAKING: Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed Tests Positive For Coronavirus
COVID-19 Cuba EVD Femi Falana fg
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

Tinubu names 39-year-old Prof JAMB registrar as Oloyede bows out

May 21, 2026

2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket

May 21, 2026

FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service

May 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Tinubu names 39-year-old Prof JAMB registrar as Oloyede bows out
  • 2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket
  • FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service
  • CBN Retains Interest Rate at 26.5%
  • Obi Emerges NDC Sole Presidential Aspirant
  • APC’s Abracadabra Primaries By Farooq Kperogi
  • Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years
  • El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.