Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Benue schools are safe — CP
News

Benue schools are safe — CP

meridianspyBy meridianspyDecember 5, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
police
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Following the kidnap incidents that affected school children in two states in the country, the Police Command in Benue has assured that schools in the state are safe.

The State Commissioner of Police in Benue, Mr Emenari Ifeanyi, told newsmen on Friday that the Command had tightened security in and around schools in the state.

Ifeanyi said aside the Schools Protection Squad (SPS) of the force, the Command had posted personnel to some schools in the state, especially girls schools.

He said the Inspector General of Police had already directed that all schools and worship centres must be secured in the country.

“The IGP has already given directives to all the Commissioners of Police in the country to make sure that schools and worship centres including our mosques are secured.

“Even before then, we had posted security men to all the public schools in the state, especially the girls schools.

“As we speak now, we have put permanent security men there, while in other schools we have deployed our men to carry out routine patrols and have asked the principals to have police telephone numbers, so that if anything happens, they would call police immediately for necessary action.

“We have also organised a programme to train both teachers and students on what to do if anything happens, especially getting in contact with police, so we have our schools properly covered,” he said

READ ALSO  Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme

On the forthcoming Yuletide, Ifeanyi said the Command had put in place proactive measures to ensure that the state was safe and citizens enjoyed the season.

“Members of my management team have been posted to the hinterland and all the other Commands are being manned by Deputy Commissioners and Assistant Commissioners, apart from the other commanders on ground with tactical teams to all the troubled areas.

“We have emplaced heightened presence of competent police teams across the state and as we speak, they are there in the nooks and crannies of the state to help maintain peace, especially in seemingly volatile areas.

“We have told members of the public that if they notice any suspicious movement, they should let their local DPO and Area Commanders know.

“We are working in synergy with sister security agencies in all the Divisions in the state and the military, NSCDC, the Civil Protection Guard, Forest Guards, the Hunters Association and Local Government Chairmen to ensure that the state does not witness any form of crime during the festive season,” he said.(NAN)

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy

August 22, 2026

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.