Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Again Kogi Government Rejects Third COVID-19 Case Announced By NCDC
News

Again Kogi Government Rejects Third COVID-19 Case Announced By NCDC

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweJune 4, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Kogi State Government has once again reject the third case of coronavirus confirmed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in the state.

MERIDIAN SPY reports the NCDC on Wednesday night confirmed a case in the state, out of the 348 new cases recorded in the country.

But Kogi State Commissioner for Health, Dr Saka Haruna Audu, in a facebook post, said no sample was sent to the NCDC that could warrant a third case and the state government was not aware of the fresh case.

“The purported New Case: We are not aware of who the patient is, where and when the Test was conducted! No sample sent from KG,” said Audu.

Recall the Kogi government, week ago, rejected the first two cases confirmed by NCDC, describing the federal health agency’s reports as “fictitious”, insisting that the state is COVID-19 free.

“Kogi State till this very moment is COVID-19 free. We have developed the full testing capacity and have conducted hundreds of tests so far which have returned negative,” the Kogi health commissioner had said.

“We have also continued to insist that we will not be a party to any fictitious COVID-19 claims which is why we do not recognise any COVID-19 test conducted by any Kogite outside the boundaries of the state except those initiated by us. Any attempt to force us to announce a case of COVID-19 will be vehemently rejected.”

READ ALSO  Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election

Former Kogi West Senate representative, Senator Dino Melaye had objected to the state government’s claim. “I want to announce that the COVID-19 case in Kogi is real and authentic and cannot understand why any responsible government will want to deny and invariably kill her citizens,” Senator Melaye said.

“One of the cases is from Kabba and the victim is personally known to me. I cannot be part of those who will play politics with the lives of my people.”

The state Governor, Yahaya Bello however declared a two-week lockdown in the Kabba Local Government Area of the state to allow for contact tracing.

Governor Bello said although the state government had a reservation about the NCDC declaration concerning the disease, it locked down the area as a proactive step in case of eventualities.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. COVID-19 Is Real In Kogi – Dino Melaye
  2. Kogi Government Denies Index Cases Reported By NCDC
  3. BREAKING: COVID-19 Cases In Nigeria Near 2,000, As 204 New Infections Are Recorded
  4. 22 COVID-19 Patients Discharged In Sokoto
COVID-19 Dino Melaye Dr Saka Haruna Audu Kabba Kogi Meridian Spy NCDC Nigeria News Yahaya Bello
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders

May 19, 2026

Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ

May 19, 2026

DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack

May 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.