Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»2027: Fubara, Wike allies deny governorship ambitions, pledge loyalty
News

2027: Fubara, Wike allies deny governorship ambitions, pledge loyalty

meridianspyBy meridianspyMarch 29, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Wike, Fubara Tinubu credit: google
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Two prominent politicians in Rivers State, Edison Ehie and Boma Iyaye, have denied nursing governorship ambitions for 2027.

 

Ehie, the immediate past Chief of Staff to the current Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, and Iyaye, an ally of the minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, who is currently the Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the Niger Delta Development Commission, made the denials in separate statements issued in Port Harcourt and obtained by our correspondent.

 

Ehie was reacting to a poster circulating with his image alongside that of the former Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Mr Dakuku Peterside, depicting them as gubernatorial aspirant and running mate under the platform of the African Democratic Congress ahead of the 2027 election.

 

The poster, titled “Rivers Must Be Free From the Hands of One Man,” carries a sub-theme at the bottom reading, “We Must Take Back Our Rivers 2027.”

 

 

Ehie, in a statement he personally signed on Sunday, dissociated himself from the poster and described it as “mischievous and desperate.”

 

He said the narrative was false and a calculated attempt to mislead the public and sow discord.

 

He stated, “My attention has been drawn to a mischievous and desperate poster circulating in the public space, falsely suggesting that I am aligned with a so-called agenda to ‘free Rivers from the hands of one man’ under a proposed 2027 ticket on the platform of the African Democratic Congress with Dr. Dakuku Peterside as Governor of Rivers State and me as Deputy Governor.

READ ALSO  FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

 

“Let it be stated clearly, firmly, and without ambiguity: this narrative is not only false, it is a calculated act of political propaganda designed to mislead the public, sow discord, and undermine the unity and stability currently being strengthened under the leadership of His Excellency, Siminalayi Fubara, Governor of Rivers State.

 

“That said, I remain a committed and loyal member of the All Progressives Congress and stand firmly and unequivocally with Governor Siminalayi Fubara.

 

Related News

INEC officials present as PDP convention begins in Abuja – Wike’s aide

Morning recap: PDP convention holds amid crisis, Kwankwaso, Kano supporters join ADC Monday, other stories

PDP convention holds amid crisis

“The inclusion of my name alongside that on the said poster is entirely unauthorized and misleading, and should be disregarded by all discerning citizens.”

 

In a related development, Iyaye also denied having any ambition to become Rivers State governor in 2027 and rejected claims that he had been endorsed by Wike.

 

A trusted ally of Wike, Iyaye had been touted as the minister’s anointed replacement for Fubara, a notion fueled by speculation that Fubara may not secure a second term due to a perceived loss of confidence in the minister.

 

Responding to social media reports, Iyaye said, “My attention has been drawn to reports circulating on social media suggesting that I have declared an ambition for the office of the Governor of Rivers State and have been endorsed as a preferred candidate by the Honourable Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike.

READ ALSO  Ogun Ex-Lawmaker Urges FG to Institutionalise Food Bank Programme

 

“I wish to respectfully clarify that these reports are inaccurate and do not reflect the true position. At this time, my full attention and commitment remain focused on my responsibilities as the Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the Niger Delta Development Commission.

 

“I remain fully engaged in the discharge of my duties, working collaboratively with the leadership and stakeholders of the Commission to advance its mandate of sustainable development in the Niger Delta region.

 

“For the avoidance of doubt, I have not made any formal declaration regarding a governorship ambition, nor have I received any endorsement from the Honourable Minister or any other individual as being suggested. I hold the Honourable Minister in high regard and deeply appreciate his leadership and contributions to public service.”

 

Iyaye, who previously served as a two-time commissioner in the state, urged the public and media practitioners to rely on verified information and disregard any contrary reports concerning his alleged political ambition.

 

Recall that the FCT Minister had recently stated that he has not endorsed any politician for next year’s governorship poll

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund

August 21, 2026

Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska

August 21, 2026

FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants

August 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • 𝐄𝐱-𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦
  • Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president
  • 2027: Atiku Unfit to Govern Nigeria – Donald Duke Recounts Babangida/Obasanjo Conversation
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.