Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme
News

117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme

meridianspyBy meridianspyFebruary 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

 

No fewer than 117 repentant terrorists from Borno State have completed the Disarmament, Rehabilitation and Reintegration programme under Operation Safe Corridor, as the initiative expands to the North West.

 

This is, as the Benue State Government has requested, the establishment of a DRR camp in the North Central region.

 

A statement issued on Thursday by the Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Samaila Uba said the graduation was disclosed at a high-level stakeholders’ meeting convened by Defence Headquarters at the Nigerian Army Resource Centre to finalise modalities for transferring rehabilitated clients to national and state authorities for reintegration.

 

The Coordinator of Operation Safe Corridor, Brig. Gen. Y. Ali said the 117 graduates completed the DRR process at Mallam Sidi Camp in Borno State.

 

He described the development as a reflection of improved coordination between federal and state authorities on reception, monitoring and community reintegration.

 

The statement read in part, “Providing operational updates, the Coordinator disclosed that 117 clients from Borno State have successfully completed the DRR process at Mallam Sidi Camp, reflecting strengthened federal–state harmonisation in reception, monitoring and community reintegration.

 

Related News

 N’Assembly warns envelope budgeting inadequate for security challenges

 Zulum distributes Ramadan, Lent palliatives to 300,000 households

 Ex‑lawmaker backs US military aid to curb Nigeria’s insecurity

“He also highlighted the expansion of OPSC to the North West, where a DRR camp established in February last year marked a significant stabilisation milestone. Ongoing engagements with Zamfara State aim to recalibrate the facility toward a comprehensive Victim Healing, Rehabilitation and Reintegration framework, integrating psychosocial recovery, community reconciliation, livelihood support and structured monitoring.”

READ ALSO  US Troops, Equipment Now in Nigeria - DHQ Confirms 

 

In the North Central region, Ali disclosed that Benue State had formally requested the establishment of a DRR camp. He added that Defence Headquarters had assessed proposed sites and advised alignment with national infrastructure, security and sustainability standards before approval.

 

Participants at the meeting included representatives of federal ministries, the Office of the National Security Adviser, state governments, and neighbouring countries—Burkina Faso, Chad, Niger and Cameroon—as well as international partners such as the International Committee of the Red Cross and the International Organization for Migration, alongside Norway, the United Kingdom, the European Union and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.

 

Delivering the keynote address, the Chief of Defence Staff and Chairman of the OPSC National Steering Committee, Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, represented by the Chief of Defence Operations, Maj. Gen. Jamal Abdusalam said Operation Safe Corridor remained a key component of Nigeria’s security architecture.

 

He noted that while kinetic operations created space for stability, structured rehabilitation and reintegration were essential to sustain security gains and prevent a return to violence.

 

Nigeria’s counter-insurgency strategy combines military operations with the rehabilitation of surrendered fighters through Operation Safe Corridor, launched in 2016 to support disarmament, deradicalisation and reintegration. The programme is now being expanded beyond the North East as more states affected by insurgency and banditry seek DRR camps to support stabilisation and recovery efforts.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Two Killed as Container Trucks Collide in Lagos

February 19, 2026

GenCos Faults ‘Institutionalised Extortion’ Allegations By NLC says Fact Misrepresented 

February 19, 2026

Tinubu Signs Executive Order Mandating Direct Remittance of Oil, Gas Revenues to Federation Account

February 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme
  • Rivers assembly suspends impeachment proceedings against Fubara
  • Tinubu Signs Amended Electoral Act to End Delegate Primaries
  • Two Killed as Container Trucks Collide in Lagos
  • GenCos Faults ‘Institutionalised Extortion’ Allegations By NLC says Fact Misrepresented 
  • Tinubu Signs Executive Order Mandating Direct Remittance of Oil, Gas Revenues to Federation Account
  • ICPC ‘Reportedly’ Picked El-Rufai After 2 Night of  EFCC’s Grill
  • Meta Patents AI to Simulate Activity of Deceased Users 
  • Tinubu praises Christian, Muslims in his Lent, Ramadan Message 
  • Tinubu Picks Uba Sani to Drive Renewed Hope Agenda Nationwide
  • IPMAN Seeks $10bn for Refinery Project
  • Oil prices rise as Trump warns Iran ahead of talks
  • US Troops, Equipment Now in Nigeria – DHQ Confirms 
  • NRS Rolls Out E-Invoicing System for Businesses
  • DSS on Standby as EFCC Detains El-Rufai
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.