Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Polls: Why Lagos REC will not be Redeployed – INEC
News

Polls: Why Lagos REC will not be Redeployed – INEC

meridianspyBy meridianspyFebruary 16, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
INEC chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC has announced that it’s  will not consider redeploying the Resident Electoral Commissioner for Lagos State, Mr Segun Agbaje, over unfounded allegations.

The Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, in an interview with newsmen on Wednesday in Abuja urged those demanding Agbaje’s redeployment to buried their thought.

There had been demands for Agbaje’s removal over alleged mismanagement of Permanent Voter Cards’ collection in some parts of Lagos and engagement of Musiliu Akinsanya, also known as MC Olumo, led Lagos State Parks Management Committee to convey election materials.

Oyekanmi implored the two political parties calling for Agbaje’s redeployment to respect the boundaries of the relationship between the commission and all political parties.

Also Read:

He dismissed the allegations against the REC, describing it as deliberate misinformation and distortion of facts.

“Let me make one thing clear upfront. Mr Agbaje will not be removed as the REC for Lagos over unfounded allegations.

“He will not only conduct the presidential/National Assembly elections scheduled for February 25, he will also superintend over the governorship/state House of Assembly election holding on 11th March.

“He is a conscientious, honest, dependable and hardworking REC. His integrity speaks for him in all the places where he had served.

“Let me break this down for you. During the recent Continuous Voter Registration that took place between June 2021 and July 2022, Lagos State under Agbaje registered the highest number of voters in the country – 585,629.

READ ALSO  Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years

“On January 27 this year, we announced that out of the 940,200 PVCs delivered to Lagos State as of that date, 839,720 PVCs representing 89.3 percent had been collected.

“This debunks the allegation that the Lagos REC deliberately withheld the PVCs belonging to persons from a particular region of the country.”

On the movement of election materials in Lagos state, Oyekanmi said that INEC was engaging individual vehicle owners.

He said, “The unions don’t have vehicles and even if they have some, they cannot possibly provide the number of vehicles that the commission requires to conduct the general election.

“Rather, the unions are made up of individuals that own vehicles.

(NAN)

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. INEC Debunks Reports On Plans To Shift Edo, Ondo Gubernatorial Elections Amid COVID-19
  2. PDP Rejects Tribunal’s Judgement, Insists Musa Wada Won Kogi Governorship Election
  3. Edo 2020: Conflicting Court Orders Can Mar Conduct Of Elections – INEC
  4. JUST IN: Tribunal Annuls Election Of Duoye Diri As Bayelsa Governor, Orders Fresh Poll Within 90 Days
INEC MC Oluomo Segun Agbaje
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years

May 20, 2026

El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders

May 19, 2026

Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ

May 19, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years
  • El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.