Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Business»FG Restates Commitment To Lift 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty In 10 Years
Business

FG Restates Commitment To Lift 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty In 10 Years

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweJuly 14, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Federal Government has restated its commitment to fulfilling its promise of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years.

The Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Prince Clem Ikanade Agba made this known on Monday, during an oversight visit by the House of Representatives Committee on National Planning and Economic Development, led by its Chairman, Hon. Olododo Abdulganiyu Saka.

Agba said the government is currently laying a solid foundation for lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in the next decade through the Medium-Term National Development Plans (MTNDPs 2021-2025 and 2026-2030) and the long-term perspective plan, otherwise known as Agenda 2050.

He explained that the MTNDPs were anchored on President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty while the perspective long-term plan would help to consolidate on the exit strategy and the plan to build economic prosperity for the nation and its citizenry.

“The planning process will involve participation from sub-nationals (State and Local Governments), major political parties, National Assembly, youth and women organizations and other relevant stakeholders,” he added.

Explaining further, the minister said the long-term plan would be developed by the Steering Committee chaired by investment banker and economist, Mr Atedo Peterside and would be co-chaired by the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Samshuna Ahmed, who would interface between the Steering Committee and the Government.

He said the Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and the Central Working Group (CWG) under the coordination of Special Adviser to the President on Finance and Economy, Dr Sarah Alade, had already been inaugurated, adding that a presidential approval for an inauguration date for the Steering Committee was being awaited.

READ ALSO  Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case

Agba also revealed that the President had approved the commencement of the institutional process of emplacing a successor plan to the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP 2017-2020), which would come to an end in December this year.

He said that the primary responsibility of the ministry was to  evolve strategies to develop the national development plan for the country, flowing from the priorities in the plan and on the basis of the plan, draw up budget proposals, which would be forwarded to the National Assembly for consideration and passage, and consequently for the President’s assent.

According to him, the President is committed to having a true national development plan, which is why he has approved that the plan should be private sector-driven while the government would be an enabler.

On his part, the Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on National Planning and Economic Development, Hon. Saka, said the House was a partner in progress with the ministry, adding that the oversight visit was to appraise the activities of the Ministry and find ways of possible collaboration in order to move the sector forward.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. PDP Rejects N108 Ex-Depot Fuel Price, As Oil Marketers Say New Price Won’t Be Immediate
  2. Former VP, Atiku Says 0.6% FG Budget Slash Insufficient
  3. CBN Assures Investors Willing To Repatriate Funds Of Their Money Amid Crude Oil Revenue Drop
  4. BREAKING: Nigeria To Resume Domestic Flight Operations On June 21 – PTF
READ ALSO  Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
clem ikanade agba fg Meridian Spy mtndps Nigeria News olododo abdulganiya saka poverty
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case

May 18, 2026

Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election

May 18, 2026

Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly

May 18, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
  • NNPC Urged to Revive Refineries Following Dangote Snub
  • Africa CDC Confirms 65 Deaths in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.