Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»COVID-19: Sokoto Discharges All 101 Patients, 7 Recover In Edo
News

COVID-19: Sokoto Discharges All 101 Patients, 7 Recover In Edo

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweJune 6, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

All 101 coronavirus patients confirmed in Sokoto State have been discharged, after the last five cases recovered from the virus disease.

This was made known by the state Commissioner for Health, Muhammed Ali Inname on Friday.

Inname confirmed the discharge of the patients, which, he said, were the last batch of patients from the total number of 115 positive cases so far recorded in the state.

With this, the total number of discharged COVID-19 patients from the state isolation centres jumped to 101, while fatalities stood at 14.

The health commissioner further stated that the patients were from eight local government areas of the state, adding that the state would continue to intensify testing for the virus as effort to curb the spread.

Similarly, in Edo State, seven of its COVID-19 patients recovered from the virus disease and were successfully discharged in the state.

The state governor, Godwin Obaseki in his official Twitter handle on Saturday, disclosed that the COVID-19 related deaths were recorded, taking the total fatalities in the state to 19.

“We have discharged 7 more #COVID19 patients in the state, bringing the total number of those discharged to 96,” said Obaseki in a tweet.

“We, unfortunately, recorded two deaths, as fatalities have risen to 19.”

The state has so far confirmed 364 COVID-19 cases, with 249 active cases and 96 discharged in total.

The governor further stated that the government will continue to “marshal policies to reduce the spread of the virus in Edo. Stay safe”.

READ ALSO  Meta, FG Launch AI Academy Nigeria To Boost Local AI Talent

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. COVID-19: 20 Recover In Lagos, 17 In Edo
  2. Ninth COVID-19 Patient Discharged In Edo
  3. PDP Blames Buhari Over Rising COVID-19 Cases And Fatalities
  4. BREAKING: Lagos Discharges Another 31 COVID-19 Patients
COVID-19 Pandemic Godwin Obaseki Meridian Spy Muhammed Ali Inname Sokoto
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

Meta, FG Launch AI Academy Nigeria To Boost Local AI Talent

August 17, 2026

FG, IFAD-VCDP Distributes Equipment, Empowerment Tools to Kogi Farmers, PWDs

August 17, 2026

Adeleke Salutes Tinubu Over Peaceful Osun Governorship Election

August 16, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Opposition boycotted Bauchi LG poll over fear of losing — Gov Mohammed
  • Meta, FG Launch AI Academy Nigeria To Boost Local AI Talent
  • FG Grants 70:30 Profit Split to Offers $50bn in Deep Offshore Investments
  • Refiners Target $329m Savings from Crude Swap
  • Continue to Deliver Good Governance in Osun, Obasanjo Tells Adeleke
  • VIDEO: ‘Prayers, Not Money, Won Us Osun Poll,’ Says Dr Deji Adeleke
  • Ferrari’s First Electric Car Sells for Record $40m
  • BREAKING: Edo Assembly Gets New Speaker
  • FG, IFAD-VCDP Distributes Equipment, Empowerment Tools to Kogi Farmers, PWDs
  • Nigeria Can Become Africa’s Construction, Infrastructure Powerhouse
  • OIKUs: Short-Let Properties Lead Rental Earnings Across Lagos
  • NIWA Partners to Clean Up Nigeria’s Waterways
  • Adeleke Salutes Tinubu Over Peaceful Osun Governorship Election
  • BREAKING: Adeleke Defeats APC’s Oyebamiji, Wins Second Term as Osun Governor
  • NYSC Denies MoU with NANS Over N200 Student Levy
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.