Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»COVID-19: SGF, Mustapha Warns Of Recommending Another Lockdown Over Rising Cases
News

COVID-19: SGF, Mustapha Warns Of Recommending Another Lockdown Over Rising Cases

Kennedy IgweBy Kennedy IgweJuly 7, 2020Updated:July 7, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Boss Mustapha has warned of recommending another lockdown in the country due to the rising number of coronavirus cases in the country.

At the press briefing of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 in Abuja on Monday, Mustapha said lamented the level at which people in authority had been contracting the dreaded infection recently, adding that the development is having a direct impact on governance and security in the country.

Recall some governors and principal officers in their states have recently contracted the virus disease, including David Umahi of Ebonyi, Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta and Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo.

The health commissioner in Ondo State, Wahab Adegenro also died of complications from the disease and was buried last week.

“Of recent, we have witnessed a high rate of positive cases especially among people in authority. This has a direct impact on the governance and security of our nation,” said the SGF at the briefing.

“We urge that vigilance and care should be exhibited by all Nigerians, irrespective of status. This virus does not discriminate and the PTF shall keep sustaining its sensitisation messaging.”

Mustapha who also doubles as the Chairman of the PTF team, commenting on a possible return to the nationwide lockdown, stating,”We will not speculate on what will happen in future but we will protect the lives of Nigerians.

“To achieve that, if it means to lockdown again, we will not shy away from that responsibility. We will recommend to the President who will look at the report and make a decision on our recommendation. What happens in the next two-three weeks will determine what we will do.”

READ ALSO  Wadada wins APC governorship primary with 195,285 votes

Nigeria has so far confirmed a total of 29,286 cases of COVID-19, while 11,828 patients have been discharged and 654 fatalities recorded.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. BREAKING: FG Extends Partial Lockdown By 14 Days
  2. BREAKING: Nigeria To Resume Domestic Flight Operations On June 21 – PTF
  3. NMA Worried Over FG’s Decision To Allow States Manage COVID-19 Response
  4. COVID-19: We Must Avoid Reckless Confidence – SGF, Mustapha
Boss Mustapha COVID-19 lockdown COVID-19 Pandemic Meridian Spy Nigeria News SGF
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Kennedy Igwe

Related Posts

NDLEA arrests Chinese woman with drug shipment at Lagos airport

May 24, 2026

Publish Names of Local Contractors for $460m Abuja CCTV Project, SERAP Tells FG* 

May 24, 2026

10 Notorious Terror/Bandit Warlords Eliminated by Nigerian Military By Kabir Abdulsalam,

May 23, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • NDLEA arrests Chinese woman with drug shipment at Lagos airport
  • Publish Names of Local Contractors for $460m Abuja CCTV Project, SERAP Tells FG* 
  • ICPC Explains Why El-Rufai Can’t Meet with ADC Leaders
  • 10 Notorious Terror/Bandit Warlords Eliminated by Nigerian Military By Kabir Abdulsalam,
  • Soldiers kill 12 terrorists along Nigeria–Cameroon border in Borno
  • Soldiers kill 12 terrorists along Nigeria–Cameroon border in Borno
  • Kwara PDP Adopts Kawu as Consensus Governorship Candidate for 2027
  • We Built 414 Roads, Cut Debt by 60% in Three Years — Otti
  • Navy @70: CNS Pledges Support for National Development, Security
  • How I Made Buhari President in 2015 – Amaechi
  • Wadada wins APC governorship primary with 195,285 votes
  • Al-Minuki’s Death: Between Media Skepticism and Military Certainty By Kabir Abdulsalam
  • Tinubu names 39-year-old Prof JAMB registrar as Oloyede bows out
  • 2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket
  • FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.