Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Politics»Court Slams N40m fine on ex-presidential Candidate trying to stop Tinubu’s Inauguration
Politics

Court Slams N40m fine on ex-presidential Candidate trying to stop Tinubu’s Inauguration

meridianspyBy meridianspyMay 26, 2023No Comments1 Min Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Thursday slammed a fine of N40M on a former Presidential candidate, Chief Ambrose Albert Owuru for filing frivolous suit to stop the inauguration of the President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu on May 29.

The Appellate Court ordered the politician to pay the fine of N10M each to President Muhammadu Buhari, Attorney General of the Federation AGF, Independent National Electoral Commission INEC and Tinubu whom he made 1st to 4th defendants in the suit..

Justice Jamil Tukur who read the lead judgment of the three man panel of the court held that Owuru embarked on gross abuse of court process by filing frivolous, vexatious and irritating suit to provoke the respondents.

The Court of Appeal held that the grievances of Owuru against the 2019 presidential election was not only strange but uncalled for because the grievances had been pursued up to Supreme Court and was dismissed for want of merit.

Justice Tukur said that the action of Owuru to resuscitate the case that died since 2019 at the Supreme Court was aimed at making the lower courts to go on collision course with supremacy of the Apex Court.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. The Cause Of Edo Problem Is From Abuja, Not Within – Obaseki
  2. Polls: Why Lagos REC will not be Redeployed – INEC
  3. Despite glitches, CSO scores BVAS over 80%
  4. INEC used 3rd party device to switch results for Tinubu — Atiku
READ ALSO  2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
Ambrose Albert Owuru Bola Ahmed Tinubu INEC
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate

May 18, 2026

How Desmond Elliot Made Tinubu to Almost Sack Me, Says Gbajabiamila

May 15, 2026

EFCC Invitation: ECN DG Honoured Invitation, Was Not Arrested — Media Office

May 13, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
  • NNPC Urged to Revive Refineries Following Dangote Snub
  • Africa CDC Confirms 65 Deaths in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.