Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Reps Raise Alarm as Bandits Sack Military Training Camp in Niger 
News

Reps Raise Alarm as Bandits Sack Military Training Camp in Niger 

meridianspyBy meridianspyOctober 30, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Reps Raise Alarm as Bandits Sack Military Training Camp in Niger

 

Niger State House of Assembly has raised an alarm over the occupation of Nigeria’s largest military training camp in Kontagora Local Government Area by bandits.

The lawmakers said the bandits’ activities have displaced 23 communities around the Nagwamase military cantonment in the Kontagora local council headquarters.

According to the lawmakers, the cantonment hosts the largest military training camp in Nigeria, where personnel of the Nigerian Army’s artillery corps undergo training.

The Assembly said that bandits had taken over the training camp and urged the state government to immediately liaise with the military authorities to flush them out.

 

The matter was brought to the attention of the lawmakers through a motion of urgent public importance moved by the member representing Kontagora 11 constituency, Abdullahi Isah, during a plenary on Tuesday.

Mr Isah said the non-state actors now occupy the military camp, which occupied a large piece of land extending from Kontagora local council to part of Mariga local council.

The lawmaker informed his colleagues that since the bandits took over the training camp, 23 farming communities had relocated due to frequent attacks by the gunmen.

“This military camp is now known to have been taken over by bandits, who are said to have established at least eight different camps in the area. The presence of the bandits on this training camp, which now serves as their safe haven, has posed a serious security threat to communities within the camp, both in Kontagora and Mariga local councils.”

READ ALSO  2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket

 

The lawmaker said in the last month, communities near the training camp had been under intense attacks by bandits operating with impunity, adding that the gunmen were still holding some members of the communities abducted during a recent operation.

After deliberation, the House urged the state government to liaise with the military authorities to intensify efforts to flush out the bandits from the training camp and enable the facility’s host communities to return to their homes

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Troops Kill Bandit, Rescue Abducted Teacher In Benue
  2. Speed Up Prosecution Of Bandits Before They Take Over Our Lives, Atiku Tells FG
  3. How I Fell in Love with my Abductor
Bandits
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket

May 21, 2026

FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service

May 20, 2026

Obi Emerges NDC Sole Presidential Aspirant

May 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket
  • FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service
  • CBN Retains Interest Rate at 26.5%
  • Obi Emerges NDC Sole Presidential Aspirant
  • APC’s Abracadabra Primaries By Farooq Kperogi
  • Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years
  • El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.