Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»NSCDC Operatives Nab 42 Bandits Disguised as Miners in Abuja
News

NSCDC Operatives Nab 42 Bandits Disguised as Miners in Abuja

meridianspyBy meridianspyFebruary 14, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Breaking News
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

By Kabir Abdulsalam

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command, has arrested 42 suspected bandits and kidnappers operating under the guise of being solid mineral miners.

The arrest, which took place on Monday, February 11, 2024, at around 6:00 am, was a result of credible intelligence and collaboration with the 176 Guards Battalion of the Nigerian Army.

FCT NSCDC Commandant, Commander Olusola Odumosu, disclosed this at a media briefing in Abuja.

According to Odumosu, the suspects were apprehended in the Tsaumi Village forest, bordering Lambata in Gurara Local Government Area of Niger State.

He said the preliminary investigations revealed that the group was not involved in mining activities as they claimed, but were rather suspected bandits fleeing the ongoing military operations in Zamfara State.

“They were moving through the forest zone of Niger State into the FCT through Gwagwalada Area Council en route Pai Village of Kwali Area Council,” Odumosu explained.

He said further investigations suggest that the group, comprising young men, had been operating in Zamfara, Kogi, and Niger States.

“At the time of their interception, they had no evidence to show they were going on mining activities, which suggests they had a sinister motive.

“The suspects have reportedly confessed to having sponsors, although details regarding their identities are still under investigation.

“They are currently cooperating with the NSCDC, providing valuable information to determine their level of involvement in banditry and kidnapping within the FCT, the Commandant added.

READ ALSO  APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies

In a separate operation, the command, in collaboration with the Department of State Services (DSS), arrested a 27-year-old man, Bartholomew Anthony, from Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State, in the Mabushi axis of the FCT.

“Anthony was apprehended with pieces of armored cables, a hacksaw, a jackknife, a mobile phone, and N20,000 cash. His confession led to the arrest of three other accomplices: Hakilu Muhammed, Abdulrahaman Abbas, and Samila Promise,” he said.

This group, according to the NSCDC, specializes in vandalizing and stealing armored cables within the FCT. They reportedly used their membership in a vigilante group as a cover for their criminal activities.

“We have profiled them and their statements obtained, they will soon be arraigned in court for justice to prevail,” Odumosu stated.

The Commandant reassured FCT residents of the command’s unwavering commitment to ridding the territory of all criminal elements and urged the public to report any suspicious activity emphasizing that security is everyone’s business.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. NSCDC Dismisses Officer Involved In Looting Of COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja
  2. NSCDC raises alarm over circulation of Fake New Naira Notes
NSCDC
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Obi Emerges NDC Sole Presidential Aspirant

May 20, 2026

APC’s Abracadabra Primaries By Farooq Kperogi

May 20, 2026

Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years

May 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • CBN Retains Interest Rate at 26.5%
  • Obi Emerges NDC Sole Presidential Aspirant
  • APC’s Abracadabra Primaries By Farooq Kperogi
  • Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years
  • El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.