Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»News»Nigeria @ 65: Tinubu Praises Armed Forces, Says ‘We’re winning the War
News

Nigeria @ 65: Tinubu Praises Armed Forces, Says ‘We’re winning the War

meridianspyBy meridianspyOctober 1, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Tinubu
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Nigeria @ 65: Tinubu Praises Armed Forces, Says ‘We’re winning the War’

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Wednesday said Nigeria’s armed forces are winning the war against terrorism, banditry, and secessionist violence, insisting that peace has returned to large swathes of previously troubled regions.

 

In his nationwide broadcast to mark Nigeria’s 65th Independence anniversary, the President saluted the gallantry of security operatives whom he described as the “heroes of a grateful nation,” noting that their sacrifices are yielding visible results.

 

“Our officers and men of the armed forces and other security agencies are working tirelessly and making significant sacrifices to keep us safe. They are winning the war against terrorism, banditry, and other violent crimes,” Tinubu declared.

According to him, the military has recorded significant breakthroughs in the North-East, where Boko Haram terrorists have been degraded, and in the North-West, where bandit strongholds have been dismantled. He also pointed to gains in the South-East, where, he said, security forces have “stamped out IPOB/ESN terror.”

“We see their victories in their blood and sweat to stamp out Boko Haram terror in the North-East, IPOB/ESN terror in the South-East, and banditry and kidnapping in the North-West. Peace has returned to hundreds of our liberated communities, and thousands of our people have safely returned to their homes,” the President said.

 

Tinubu’s comments come amid persistent concerns over security challenges in parts of the country, with recent reports of kidnappings, communal clashes, and attacks by armed groups.

READ ALSO  Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly

However, the President maintained that his administration’s strategy of sustained military offensives, improved intelligence, and better coordination with local communities is turning the tide.

 

Tinubu, however, insisted that the administration is committed to sustaining momentum, promising more resources and welfare for the military.

He said the “ultimate victory” will be a Nigeria where every community is safe and citizens can pursue their livelihoods without fear.

“On behalf of a grateful nation, we celebrate their gallantry and salute their courage,” the President said.

 

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. APC: 10 PDP Governors Will Defect To Our Party, Says Governor Bello
  2. If Governors Behave Like Obaseki, Nigeria’s Democratic Governance Would Grind To Halt – Tinubu Reacts To Edo Assembly Crisis
  3. No One Is Rich Enough To Pay Me – Pastor Bakare Denies Receiving Money To Praise Tinubu
  4. North and Tinubu’s Back-to-Lagos Move By Farooq Kperogi
Bola Ahmed Tinubu Nigeria’s 65th Independence anniversary
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case

May 18, 2026

Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election

May 18, 2026

Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly

May 18, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
  • NNPC Urged to Revive Refineries Following Dangote Snub
  • Africa CDC Confirms 65 Deaths in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.