Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Business»Kidnapping: Oyo CP queries DPO, detains Inspector over unprofessional conduct
Business

Kidnapping: Oyo CP queries DPO, detains Inspector over unprofessional conduct

meridianspyBy meridianspyMarch 11, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
police
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

 

The Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Femi Haruna, has ordered a thorough investigation into the allegation of unprofessional conduct by operatives of the Jobele Division in Afijio Local Government Area of the state, which reportedly resulted in the protest witnessed earlier, on Tuesday.

 

A statement released by the state Police Public Relations Officer, Olayinka Ayanlade, in Ibadan, the state capital, on Tuesday, said the Assistant Superintendent of Police, who led the patrol team involved and the Divisional Police Officer have been issued queries respectively, while the Inspector concerned has been defaulted and detained pending the outcome of the investigation.

 

The PUNCH reports that scores of protesters had earlier on Tuesday disrupted both the human and vehicular movements at Jobele end of Ibadan/Oyo expressway in Afijio Local Government Area of the state as a result of cases of kidnapping, banditry and other vices.

 

The protest, according to our correspondent’s investigation, was due to the invasion of one of the communities in the area.

 

 

 

So This Happened (EP 378) reviews: King Mitchy and VeryDarkMan clash sparks online chaos0:00 / 0:00

 

The protesters said, “Yesterday (Monday), the suspected kidnappers invaded one of our communities in an attempt to abduct a lady. An attempt was made to kidnap a lady but she narrowly escaped by scaling the fence.

 

“Even though she narrowly escaped, she received a deep matchet cut in one of her hands. This was not the first time that such an incident had happened in the area. We are not going to leave the road until our (residents) safety is guaranteed by the relevant security agencies.”

READ ALSO  Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years

 

However, a statement released by the PPRO on Tuesday said, “The Oyo State Police command has ordered a thorough investigation into the allegation of unprofessional conduct by operatives of the Jobele Division, which reportedly resulted in the protest witnessed earlier today.

 

“In line with the directive of the Commissioner of Police, the ASP who led the patrol team involved and the Divisional Police Officer have been issued queries respectively, while the Inspector concerned has been defaulted and detained pending the outcome of the investigation.

 

“The investigation has since commenced in accordance with established rules, regulations, and the law to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and ensure appropriate disciplinary actions where necessary.”

 

Also, Dolapo Awotunde of Ward 8, in a statement, disclosed that Afijio Local Government, in recent times, has recorded not less than seven kidnapping cases.

 

The statement read, “It is no longer news that kidnapping has become rampant in Afijio Local Government Area, particularly in Jobele. The community has recorded not less than seven kidnapping-related incidents in recent times, and sadly, another disturbing attack occurred between Saturday night and Sunday morning. During the attack, a victim was brutally wounded by the perpetrators. The victim was rushed to the General Hospital and later referred to Ogbomoso for advanced treatment. Unfortunately, one of his hands has been amputated due to the severity of the injuries sustained.

 

“Following this disturbing development, concerned residents of Jobele decided to take responsibility for the safety of their community by keeping vigil throughout Sunday night into Monday morning.

READ ALSO  Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93

At about 1:00 a.m. today, community members apprehended a suspicious individual allegedly found with a gun, a cutlass, and other dangerous weapons. In good faith and as law-abiding citizens, the suspect was handed over to the police at the Jobele Police Station for proper investigation and prosecution.

 

“However, in a shocking twist, when community members visited the police station this morning to inquire about the suspect, they discovered that the suspect had already been released without any explanation and without involving the members of the community who apprehended him. This development has caused serious outrage and concern among residents. In response, community members, including students, have blocked the Old Oyo–Ibadan Road and the major highway, Ibadan- Oyo-Ogbomoso, demanding to know why the suspect was released and who ordered the release.

 

“This situation raises serious concerns about the security of lives and property in Jobele and the surrounding communities. We call on the relevant authorities, including the Nigeria Police Force, the Oyo State Police Command, and the Oyo State Government, to urgently investigate this matter and address the growing insecurity in Afijio Local Government Area,” the statement added.

 

Punch

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

No related posts.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline

August 21, 2026

Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years

August 21, 2026

CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt

August 21, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Obi to FG: Nigeria must not Turn to  killing field
  • Tinubu Appoints Mustapha Abdullahi Secretary, Sports Sector Mobilisation for APC Campaign Council
  • Ben Bruce to Governors: Spend 5% of FAAC on Transport Subsidy
  • Kwara Politics: Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns From APC
  • Oil Output Rises As Pipeline Losses Decline
  • EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
  • Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site in Alaska
  • Tinubu Orders Fresh Mapping of Nigeria’s Illicit Arms Network After 10 Years
  • CBN To Boost Digital Payment Adoption for economic Devt
  • Dangote Hikes Petrol Price as Crude Oil Hits $93
  • 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢
  • 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨, 𝐊𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢, 𝐙𝐚𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐚
  • 𝐀𝐏𝐂 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢-𝐎𝐣𝐨’𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
  • FG Commences Construction of 250-unit Housing Estate for Civil Servants
  • 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭
Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Labour
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • World news
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.