Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Investigations»Edo SSG, Osarodion Ogie Caught Playing Gulf While COVID-19 Kills And Ravages Communities In The State
Investigations

Edo SSG, Osarodion Ogie Caught Playing Gulf While COVID-19 Kills And Ravages Communities In The State

meridianspyBy meridianspyApril 22, 2020Updated:April 22, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

Two weeks ago, Edo State joined the number of States in Nigeria with confirmed coronavirus cases.  As at today, the State has fifteen confirmed COVID-19 cases as officially confirmed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

The state government had announced that it has situated COVID-19 screening centres in different local government areas of the state.

The governor, Godwin Obaseki had on Wednesday tweeted via his official handle:

Image

But findings by MERIDIAN SPY proved that the said screening was only a charade stage managed by the state government to garner public applause and accolades.

Earlier today, the SSG, Osarodion Ogie who had booked a deceptive appointment with some members of Edo State Students COVID-19 Task Force Team, absconded the meeting only to be found hours later playing gulf in his private residence in Benin City.

When finally accosted, the nonchalant SSG frowned at the students’ representives, decrying that he needs some rest and didn’t want to be disturbed. This, he said, in a tone that affirmed his nonchalant and care-free attitude towards the COVID-19 fights in the state.

The SSG who is an ardent gulf player has shown commitments in playing gulf in recent times, than he has done attending to the plights of indigenes of the state amid COVID-19 pandemic.

Meanwhile, the COVID-19 palliative, allegedly supervised by the SSG’s office has also been hijacked and politicized by he and some of his men. Most of the indigenes and residents of the state are hungry, stranded and abandoned as only 5kg of rice was given to a full street of over 500 residents, MERIDIAN SPY, was reliably told.

READ ALSO  Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years

As it stands, there is no form of COVID-19 testing going on in the state for a couple of days and counting. This explains the fact why there has been no additional case from the state recently, not that people have been testing negative. 

All efforts by MERIDIAN SPY to reach the SSG proved abortive as all calls to his mobile line weren’t taken nor returned. 

Edo state, as at the time of this report, has 15 confirmed COVID-19 cases with two deaths so far.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. Edo Begins Mobile Screening For Coronavirus At LGA
  2. JUST IN: COVID-19 : Edo State Govt Restricts Public Gathering To 20 People, Directs Law Enforcement Agencies To Enforce Compliance
  3. BREAKING: Edo Joins The List Of State With Discharge COVID-19 Patients, As 5 Patients Get Discharged
  4. 57-Year-Old Police Officer Dies Of COVID-19 In Edo
COVID-19 Edo SSG Edo State Godwin Obaseki Osarodion Ogie
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy
  • Website

Related Posts

2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket

May 21, 2026

FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service

May 20, 2026

Obi Emerges NDC Sole Presidential Aspirant

May 20, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • 2027: ADC Screens Atiku for Presidential Ticket
  • FG Reiterates Commitment to Results-Driven Governance in Public Service
  • CBN Retains Interest Rate at 26.5%
  • Obi Emerges NDC Sole Presidential Aspirant
  • APC’s Abracadabra Primaries By Farooq Kperogi
  • Arsenal Win First English Premier League Title In 22 Years
  • El-Rufai Detention Drama Deepens as Family Accuses DSS of Defying Court Orders
  • Nigeria-US Joint Strikes Kill 175 ISIS Militants in North-East – DHQ
  • DHQ: No Terrorist Base in South-West Despite Oyo School Attack
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.