Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Meridian Spy
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Business
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
The Meridian Spy
Home»Politics»Edo Deputy Governor Resumes Work in New Office Outside Govt House
Politics

Edo Deputy Governor Resumes Work in New Office Outside Govt House

meridianspyBy meridianspySeptember 21, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Share
    

Share!

  • Share
  • Tweet

The Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, on Tuesday morning, officially resumed work in his new office at 7, Dennis Osadebey Avenue.

This was after receiving an official letter to that effect from the governor, Godwin Obaseki.

Shaibu had, on Monday, claimed that he had not received any official communication for him to relocate to the new office.

He was seen in a viral video, standing stranded by the entrance to his former office, which was under lock. He was then making a call to an unknown individual, complaining that he was yet to receive any letter asking him to relocate.

But on Tuesday, Shaibu received a two-paragraph memo from the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Osarodion Ogie. In it Governor Obaseki directed that the deputy governor relocate to the new office address.

The letter was dated September 15, 2023 and was received by a Permanent Secretary in the office of the deputy governor, and acknowledged on Monday, September 18, 2023.

The memo, with the heading: “Relocation of Office Accommodation”, read: “I write to inform you that His Excellency, the Governor, has approved the relocation of your office accommodation to No 7, Dennis Osadebey Avenue, G.R.A., Benin City.

“You are therefore requested to ensure your compliance in line with Mr Governor’s approval, please.”

Confirming the new development, one of Shaibu’s aides on Tuesday morning said: “We are already here,” in response to an enquiry about the memo

READ ALSO  2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate

Shaibu fell out with his principal when, earlier in August, he instituted a suit in an Abuja Federal High Court. He was seeking the protection of the court from an alleged attempt by the governor to use the Edo State House of Assembly and others to impeach him.

The governor reacted to the suit by disbanding the media crew of the deputy governor, relocated his office from the main Government House. And just as on more than two different occasions, security agents physically prevented Shaibu from accessing the governor at public events.

Share this:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Tweet

Related posts:

  1. JUST IN: Again, PDP Reschedules Edo Governorship Primary To Thursday June 25
  2. The Constitution Forbids Anyone To Contest Nomination Under Two Parties In Same Election – Former APC Spokesperson Warns Obaseki
  3. Edo 2020: Nobody Has Told Us Why Obaseki Should Not Be Re-Elected – Prince Akinzua
  4. JUST IN: Edo Deputy Governor, Shuaibu Dumps APC
Godwin Obaseki philip shaibu
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
meridianspy

Related Posts

2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate

May 18, 2026

How Desmond Elliot Made Tinubu to Almost Sack Me, Says Gbajabiamila

May 15, 2026

EFCC Invitation: ECN DG Honoured Invitation, Was Not Arrested — Media Office

May 13, 2026
Search
Recent Posts
  • Court grants activist Justice Crack N5m bail in cybercrime case
  • Supporter shot dead during Lagos APC primary election
  • Six Ondo Reps lose bid to return to N’Assembly
  • “We Are Activating a Citizen-Centred Tax Service System” – Tax Ombud
  • 63% of Nigerians Want Lower Interest Rates – CBN Survey
  • APC Panel Disqualifies Fubara’s Loyalists, Clears Wike’s Allies
  • 2027: APC Disqualifies Murray-Bruce, Adegboyega 45 Others Aspirants for Senate
  • Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged Illegal Interception of Ribadu’s Communications
  • Police Dismiss, Prosecute Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery, Extortion in Rivers
  • Ex-Power Minister Jailed 75 Years for N33.8bn Fraud
  • Want Good Roads and Hospitals? Pay Your Taxes, Tinubu Urges Nigerians
  • Speaker Abbas Returns Unopposed As APC Candidate For Zaria Constituency 
  • Oil Prices Ease as Shipping Resumes in Hormuz Strait
  • NNPC Urged to Revive Refineries Following Dangote Snub
  • Africa CDC Confirms 65 Deaths in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
Categories
  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Investigations
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sport
Access Bank DiamondXtra Season 16 Rewards
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Health
© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed by Techjuno

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.