The Catholic Bishop of Ekiti Diocese, Most Rev. Felix Ajakaye, has called on the Federal Government to prosecute the perpetrators of the terror attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State of June 5 2022, leading to the killing of no fewer than 41 worshippers.
Ajakaye said he recalled that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, said last year that arrests had been made over the attack.
However, he expressed disappointment that a year after the bloody incident, nobody had been prosecuted.
The Bishop, in a statement on Tuesday, said, “Typical of the then President Muhammadu Buhari government, it commiserated with the church, Ondo State and the people concerned, and it promised to arrest the culprits.
“Surprisingly, a few months after the attack, addressing a world press, the CDS, Gen. Irabor, informed the world that arrests had been made regarding the attack at St Francis Catholic Church, Owo. Unfortunately, to date, we have not heard anything again from the Army general.’’