Connect with us

News

It Was Boko Haram, Nigerian Army Debunks Gov Zulum’s Claim On Convoy Attack

Published

on

John Enenche
Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Nigerian Army has debunked claim by Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State that the attack on his convoy was carried out by soldiers.

Recall the Governor’s convoy was attacked last week Monday while on his way to some internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in Kukawa local government area of the state.

Following the attack, Governor Zulum was full of disbelief that it was an attack by Boko Haram Insurgents but alleged sabotage on the part of the army, claiming the attackers were soldiers.

But the army spokesperson, John Enenche, reacting to the Governor’s allegations on a programme on Channels TV, insisted that the attack was orchestrated by the insurgents.

Enenche said the security analysis carried out after the incident showed “it was purely that of the enemies in that area, the Boko Harams”.

“It was an allegation which needed to be proved. And Also, I want to say that for such an allegation, it calls for worry on our part at the high command of which we went into action immediately. For you now to say sabotage, you gave superstar a baby to keep for you and you’re saying that somebody can kill that baby is a strong accusation,” he said.

“We investigated it immediately and the strategic level is cleared of that; operational level cleared of that, tactical level, cleared of that. Now from the basics, I was interested and I took a cursory look. We analysed the video, the scenery. Even from the gunshots, the way it all played out, you will discover from the sound of the gunshots, it is not the conventional weapons that we use.

“Now, it comes to doubt because, from our training, you could tell the sound of a gun. And of course, if you have operated with an enemy for some time, we call it enemy habit.

“From the analysis, it was purely that of the enemies in that area, the Boko Harams. From the tactics, and from the manoeuvres exhibited, it was theirs. And from the search conducted, it was theirs. So, our fears were allayed after 48 hours. So, I can confidently tell the public that it was not anything sabotage.”

Click to comment

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Copyright © 2019 Meridian Spy.
Developer: Francis Ihejirika |
+2348165148492 | +1(737)808-0042