Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi has suspended a security guard for his alleged conduct that appeared not to have reflected the ideals of measures to combat the spread of coronavirus in the state.
The security guard had reportedly treated lightly the importance of COVID-19 measures, in a video that went viral on social media where a retired civil servant who denied his son access to the house after the young man returned to Ekiti from Lagos in violation of lockdown measures.
The state’s Commissioner for Information, Muyiwa Olumilua, in a statement on Thursday, disclosed that the comment of the security guard who recorded the video do not reflect the capacity or preparedness of the state task force to combat the virus.
Olumilua said the security man was attached to the Fajuyi Pavilion where matters of lockdown violators were being handled, adding that he ‘has since been suspended pending further investigations for acting outside the jurisdiction of his scope of authority’.
He commended the man who denied his son entry into the house pending his isolation for 14 days.
The commissioner stated: “The attention of the Ekiti State COVID-19 task force has been drawn to a video clip in circulation where a man refused to allow his son, who just returned from a trip outside the state into his house until he had been isolated for 14 days as stipulated by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control protocol to prevent community spread of COVID-19 in Ekiti State.
“We implore members of the public to emulate the patriotic zeal of Mr Adeoye, and promptly report to the Ekiti State COVID-19 task force any out of-state traveler who sneaks into their neighbourhood, or places of abode. This is to safeguard against the likely health hazard that such returnees portend for the larger society.
“The actions or misstatements of the security man that recorded the video which has gone viral does not reflect the capacity or preparedness of the state task force to combat the COVID-19 virus. He has since been suspended pending further investigations for acting outside the jurisdiction of his scope of authority.
“The security man who recorded the encounter is neither a health worker, nor qualified or authorised to determine the health status of the young man. So, none of his actions or misstatements reflect the capacity or preparedness of the state task force to combat the COVID-19 virus.
“Adeoye epitomizes the Ekiti ethos of selflessness, which places greater premium on the collective good of the society above personal and emotional considerations. This is the core of the value orientation policy of the Dr Kayode Fayemi administration.”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
As A Nation, We Cannot Afford To Fail This New Year, Says Jonathan
Share Former President Goodluck Jonathan says Nigeria cannot afford to fail in 2021, Channels Television reports. In his New Year message...
Take Care Of Nigerian Youths Else They’ll Rise Against Your Govt – Mbaka Warns Buhari
Share Ejike Mbaka, a Catholic priest and spiritual director of Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Nigeria (AMEN), has warned President Muhammadu Buhari to...
Resign Honourably, Gov Tambuwal Tells Service Chiefs Over Insecurity
Share Aminu Tambuwal, Sokoto State Governor, has asked service chiefs to honourably resign from their office due to the worsening security...
There’re Curses For People Who Criticise Men Of God, Says Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Share Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, founder and President of LoveWorld Incorporated, commonly known as Christ Embassy, says there are curses for those...
Meet Your Targets Or Get Sanctioned – Buhari Warns Revenue Generating Agencies
Share President Muhammadu Buhari has issued a stern warning to revenue generating agencies in the country to either meet their targets...
BREAKING: President Buhari To Make New Year Nationwide Broadcast On Friday
Share President Muhammadu Buhari will make a New Year broadcast to the nation tomorrow Friday, January 1, 2021 at 7am. Garba...