Connect with us

News

BREAKING: Fayemi Appoints Man Who Denied Son Entry Into His House After Returning From Lagos As COVID-19 Ambassador

Published

on

Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi has appointed Mr Femi Adeoye; the Nigerian dad who, in a viral video, refused his son entry into his house after returning from Lagos, as a COVID-19 Response Ambassador in the state.

Mr Adeoye, a retired civil servant, had in the viral video denied his son access to his house after the young man returned to Ekiti from Lagos, in violation of lockdown measures.

However, the Ekiti State governor, in a letter of commendation signed by him on Thursday, said Adeoye will help to propagate the message as a member of the COVID-19 Task Force in the State.

The letter partly reads: “By, in accordance with existing regulations, denying his son entry into his household having travelled from places under Federal lockdown against his fatherly advice, Mr. Adeoye has proved to be a worthy ambassador of Ekiti State resolve to end the COVID19 pandemic.

“The Government and the good people of Ekiti State are very proud of this chivalrous act of courage and principle which are the hallmarks of the Ekiti person.

“Mr. Adeoye represents the kind of self-discipline, selflessness, and sense of collective responsibility that Ekiti State and Nigeria need desperately today to progress.

“Ekiti State will in future recognise Mr. Adeoye’s valour as an example of the rebirth of Ekiti Values Orientation which is the central focus of Governor Kayode Fayemi’s administration.

Meridian Spy had reported earlier that Fayemi suspended the security guard who filmed the viral video that revealed the action of Mr Adeoye.

The security guard was suspended for his alleged conduct that appeared not to have reflected the ideals of measures to combat the spread of coronavirus in the state.

The state’s Commissioner for Information, Muyiwa Olumilua, in a statement on Thursday, disclosed that the comment of the security guard who recorded the video do not reflect the capacity or preparedness of the state task force to combat the virus.

Olumilua said the security man was attached to the Fajuyi Pavilion where matters of lockdown violators were being handled, adding that he ‘has since been suspended pending further investigations for acting outside the jurisdiction of his scope of authority’.

Click to comment

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Copyright © 2019 Meridian Spy.
Developer: Francis Ihejirika |
+2348165148492 | +1(737)808-0042